Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work in trucking in TX and domestic pickup trucks with 300K miles are a dime a dozen when driven by working men. My stepdad has 527K on his Ford F250, and it's a ranch truck. The guy 2 offices down has 380K on his Ram. I've had several over 200K & one over 450K when I was in college.

A few years back now, I was selling some oil field equipment to a large oil field company and the Fleet Manager was there to pick his new Commercial trucks up, and we started discussing this exact topic. He explained to me that they had a program that accounted for purchase price, fuel usage, maintenance costs & finally resale value to determine the lowest lifetime operating costs of the fleet trucks. He told me they had bought dozens of every major brand and even motor. He then told me that it wasn't even close, the GM trucks with a V8 were considerably cheaper to own over their lifetime and they went to only buying GMs. Another thing he told me is that some of the trucks really don't get serviced (as in oil changes) on a regular basis and he knew of one they traded in that had went 70K on the same oil.

I didn't mentioned truck brands just because I don't have the experience with other brands except Ford. Then there is the gas vs diesel debate about longevity.

My 2014 F250 diesel has been running strong.

Reactions: Suns_PSD
Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
Imagine spending $20,000 to be first on the block and then finding out your battery pack is half empty. I cant help but see that annoying The Simpsons kid in my head saying "ha ha". Tesla Cybertruck teardown shows battery pack is 'half empty' and we are confused

Imagine spending $20,000 to be first on the block and then finding out your battery pack is half empty. I cant help but see that annoying The Simpsons kid in my head saying "ha ha". Tesla Cybertruck teardown shows battery pack is 'half empty' and we are confused
People should know by now to wait a year or so before buying a brand new update if they are concerned about the price. Happened with I think every car Tesla sold. Certainly true with the plaids. At least with the extra 20k for the CT, you do get ā€œsomeā€ value from it. Iā€™m waiting at least a year before I get one.

Typical media click bait. Read Christisn Agatie's whole article (there's a 14sec Munro teaser video) where he can only speculate what Sandy Munro's will conclude. Better yet, wait for Sandy's full video.

See Munro Live Cybertruck battery teardown.

• Funny
Reactions: dhrivnak and jebinc
Orders getting canceled this weekend.

Attachments

• 1713028582315.png
    1713028582315.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 10

CT fan bois will claim victory because the tree lost šŸ¤£
Well for me what was most surprising was the CT didnā€™t blow a tire, scary close to a pinch flat multiple timesā€¦. šŸ«£

Crappy suspension, crappy traction control, big rims, long WB, And the driver was unskilled which didnā€™t help.

Also the spotters, Iā€™m surprised none got run over. ā€œHey yā€™all watch this, Iā€™ll stand in front of a 1000hp, 7k lb truck with lousy throttle mapping and an unskilled driverā€¦. šŸ˜³

People should know by now to wait a year or so before buying a brand new update if they are concerned about the price. Happened with I think every car Tesla sold. Certainly true with the plaids.
Agreed. Further, what should Tesla have done differently given that some people want to spend an extra $20K to get a Cybertruck ASAP and production is limited as it ramps up? People like Dirty Tesla and Out of Spec get their trucks early. We (or at least I) get to see their videos. Life is good.

My prediction is CT production will ramp up, the price will come down, and eventually you will be able to get a version with decent range even when towing because Tesla will fill the other half of the battery area with batteries.

Likewise, battery production will continue to ramp up. Battery prices will continue to come down and the sun will rise tomorrow.

Sure, it would have been great if the price and range had come close to what was announced at the unveil. Oh well. OTOH, the CT Tesla was able to get into production is pretty darned impressive. Like so many other Tesla projects, it's darned impressive they were able to do it at all. Every indication I see says it's real and not a scam. Tesla is working on ramping up production just like they have for all of their other vehicles and factories.