Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Honest review of the Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My honest review got deleted on Cybertruckownerforum and I got permanently banned. Somehow, you're not allowed to be remotely negative about the CT.

But people need to hear the truth. No, it's not glorious. The Cybertruck isn't a truck. It's a toy truck at best, an experimental concept at worst. I rented mine in LA, and spent 24 hours with it. Background EV that I drove in the past, and some daily drivers: Hummer EV, Tesla S, Model 3 performance, Gladiator Rubicon, LS460 (Daily driver), Mercedes S550 W140 and W221, BMW E46, Jeep Wrangler and a few other pickups trucks (F350 and Sierra 1500).

Suspension: What the heck happened here? It's so stiff... closer to a 911 than anything else. It's rough. It doesn't take bumps or potholes well. It is atrociously bad.
Steering: It's actually nice, but the steering wheel is WAY too small. Like, awkwardly small. Drive by wire is just fine, no problem her.e

Sound system: It's okay. Better than the Model S,but nothing to write home about. FAR, FAR inferior to the Lexus Mark Levinson or Mercedes Burmeister. Not even close.

Headlight: Piss poor performance in the dark. Unsure if any engineer drive a CT in the dark? They aren't powerful enough. Too low to the ground.

Wiper: Not good enough. Can't clean the windshield adequately! It sucks.

Windshield: The glare is bad when you're driving in the sun.

Visibility: It's so, so bad. You can't see the front corners adequately. It's borderline dangerous! It's a joke that there's no rearview camera display where the rear view is, instead, it's a tiny display on your main screen that shows you behind. So stupid. Cost cutting.

All in all, this is the theme of this truck: Cost cutting, then cost cutting even more. Nothing about it is "good". It feels SUPER cheap, and I'm baffled that some folks spend $100k on this truck. It's not done yet. I was a big fan of Tesla, until I tried the Cybertruck. I feel like people are getting conned into the hype of this truck. It's all plastic, it's all cheap, it's all too "fragile". I cannot dream going on trails with this truck...

Unsure why so many positive reviews exist out there. I get it, it's a different style from the exterior. But c'mon now, it's 2024, it's a 100k truck, you gotta expect more. I feel reviewers are afraid of speaking the truth, cause they want to keep getting new release car to review. But that doesn't help the community, when they sugar coat it.

This is the truth. I'm not against Tesla. I'm not a shill for GM or Ford. I have zero skin in the game. I'm just a normal dude that enjoy cars and trucks since I'm 6 years old. The Cybertruck was such a disappointment... feeling bad for those waiting patiently for it... they have no idea how bad it is.

I understand that you say that all reviews are censored....but this is really the first negative review I’ve come across...people have been disappointed by the range and cost not being as promised...but generally love the truck. Of course, I have never seen one....and perhaps will never see one in Europe

I understand that you say that all reviews are censored....but this is really the first negative review I’ve come across...people have been disappointed by the range and cost not being as promised...but generally love the truck. Of course, I have never seen one....and perhaps will never see one in Europe
1) If you dropped 100k on this POS, you won't be able to be THAT critical. I took me a year to be able to be critical of my own Jeep purchase, and that was only dropping 50k.
2) Range is way worst than they tell you. Drove 180 miles before I got it down to 80%. So max range would have been roughly 240 miles (100 to 0%). I did 350 miles on a Hummer EV, with 20% range left.

1) If you dropped 100k on this POS, you won't be able to be THAT critical. I took me a year to be able to be critical of my own Jeep purchase, and that was only dropping 50k.
2) Range is way worst than they tell you. Drove 180 miles before I got it down to 80%. So max range would have been roughly 240 miles (100 to 0%). I did 350 miles on a Hummer EV, with 20% range left.
I see that a lot....both in the car and boat world....you become part of a community and you defend it...human nature...I have found that the cure (boat and car) is dealerships....they kill all the love and make you hate the product and feel stupid for buying it....not having dealerships was Elon’s greatest gift to mankind

I can tell you never driven a Cybertruck :)
You are correct on that. The chances of us driving one (or even seeing one in person), is very low at this point.

Still doesn’t change my opinion of your opinion.

There are quite a few reviews out there now and most say it handles well and quite a bit of other praise. And no, they often don’t own it.

Biggest negatives I see are range and usability on a worksite (which I think that narrative will turn positive too once more people actually try it on a worksite). Looks are completely subjective so I put no weight on those opinions.

Last edited:
1. Same could be said for the R1 & F150L platform owners.
2. The HEV/chev trucks have how large of a pack? They weigh how much? Their consumption is ~2.5mi/kWh unloaded (I’ve had a few of them) and when towing we still get typical 1.4-1:1 (mi/kWh).

R1 platform in all purpose mode (all drive units engaged) will get in the 2.4-2.8 range, on 20” (OE sized OD) snow tires.

Some helpful points for an Apples to apples

Reactions: WyoDude
I wouldn’t write your review as is. Remove your over the top ridiculous comments like “pos” and it would probably be just fine.
The Cybertruck is a Piece of *sugar* for so many reasons. Unsure why you think this is ridiculous, since you never driven one, and you probably never driven much other trucks either? I mean... You gotta call a spade a spade.

The Cybertruck wasn't ready for release. Ban me. Cancel me. I don't care. The truth remains very clear, once you start driving one!