Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer Ohlins TES MX00S1 on my 21 MYP, review lite.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After an abundance of research, and sometimes being practically overwhelmed by the litany of opinions here and everywhere else on the internet,
I have settled on to what I believe to be a huge improvement in the suspension on my 21 MYP.
FYI, I am running a square 275/40 zr20 setup on considerably lighter wheels. So some more meats for slightly added cushioning.
I have only had these Ohlins on for about a week at this point but my initial reaction when I first stepped into the car was that this is a totally different car on local roads and the highway. I also live in SE PA...our roads are pretty much garbage right now after the winter.

That harshness of small and larger bumps has all but disappeared.
The intense head tossing feeling is very well gone over certain roads.
The side to side swaying when moving in and out of parking lots gets soaked up.
The chatter on some roads and subsequent resonance from the hatch gets dissipated quite a bit.
It doesn't lunge much at all when accelerating or decelerating, even set to its softest setting.
On the highway it gives off a bit of that floaty feel without bounciness.
It does all of this while still maintaining control and feeling precise.
It seems that the cabin is a bit quieter and road noise is lessened slightly as well.

I think these coilovers are going to ruin me though, we took a trip in my wife's CX-5 after a few days, and what was a pretty bad ride before feels insanely worse now.

Overall, these clean up the older performance suspension very well...the car doesn't feel so hectic and squirrely...much more comfortable if that's what you are looking for.
I haven't dipped into the tighter end of adjustments yet, but seeing as im looking for comfort, it is probably where I am going to stay 80-90% of the time.

I have to plug ZEVcentric and Rishie for helping out with these. Solid dude. :cool:
For the purpose of transparency, he didn't ask me to write anything up here, and I left an almost identical review on his website.

Very nice!
I was just reading about this kit today.
What height did you set it at, got any pics? Looks like these only go 10mm lower than stock (vs 30mm on the MU00S1 kit)
The 10mm lower is just what you will reach from the settings in the mounting instructions, it’s not what it max can go, ohlins never does like that.
The adjustment range is about OEM height to -35mm lower. It’s definitely possible to go lower if you are a little creative removing lock rings etc.

Very nice!
I was just reading about this kit today.
What height did you set it at, got any pics? Looks like these only go 10mm lower than stock (vs 30mm on the MU00S1 kit)
Yes, you can only go 10mm lower(on the performance version)...im probably just south of stock around 5mm lower...I didn't go the full 10mm, don't know why?
I figure things will settle in over time.
I don't have any pics currently but maybe I'll get some up once I get a chance to clean it up.
I think it is noticeable but like, Im always looking at my car going, is it lower?, it looks lower? maybe a little?
It looks nice. Drives nicer!

Yes, you can only go 10mm lower(on the performance version)...im probably just south of stock around 5mm lower...I didn't go the full 10mm, don't know why?
I figure things will settle in over time.
I don't have any pics currently but maybe I'll get some up once I get a chance to clean it up.
I think it is noticeable but like, Im always looking at my car going, is it lower?, it looks lower? maybe a little?
It looks nice. Drives nicer!
So you mean that you bottomed out all the preload adjustment front and rear and only got 5mm lower? Because it’s supposed to go way lower than that so it’s something wrong if not.

So you mean that you bottomed out all the preload adjustment front and rear and only got 5mm lower? Because it’s supposed to go way lower than that so it’s something wrong if not.
I don't know...I didn't install them or have the ability in my one car garage. Recommended is 10mm lower than stock max for the MYP, can you go lower...maybe...will you start to get coil binding? I dunno.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 4.20.20 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-11 at 4.20.20 PM.png
    434.4 KB · Views: 9
I don't know...I didn't install them or have the ability in my one car garage. Recommended is 10mm lower than stock max for the MYP, can you go lower...maybe...will you start to get coil binding? I dunno.
Okay good, just dont wanted false info to be spread.
The 10mm lower is what you get from the recommended measurements in the instructions. It’s not what is the maximum adjustment range, I know for a fact that the TES MX00S1 will lower the car -35mm, and even more if you get creative.
You won’t get coil bind by reducing preload.

Glad that you are happy with your new suspension!

Reactions: Sloshy2