Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Honest review of the Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Cybertruck is a Piece of *sugar* for so many reasons. Unsure why you think this is ridiculous, since you never driven one, and you probably never driven much other trucks either? I mean... You gotta call a spade a spade.

The Cybertruck wasn't ready for release. Ban me. Cancel me. I don't care. The truth remains very clear, once you start driving one!

We shall see but so far it seems the opposite is true.

Reactions: WyoDude
I don't understand, you seem to like the CT on X.
1000028171.jpg

whenever someone use or say Honest-there's a desperation! You could use the word: to be clear! I will only accept if you bought a Cybertruck and driven it over at least 5000 miles. This time it appears to be more emotion than clarity & reality!
I am reminded of a scene from Ford vs Ferrari. After Ken Miles died, Shelby had a new driver trying out a new race car. The driver got out of the car and claimed it was great. Shelby turns away in disgust and mumbles under his breath something like, ‘how can you tell, you drove it for less than hour.’

It’s a similar story with people who have no experience with EVs. Teslas in particular. If you haven’t lived with a Tesla for an extended period of time, you don’t and can’t understand how it changes your life.

I have no interest in, nor do I give any weight to someone’s opinion who’s rented a CT for a day. Additionally, I like to form my own opinions from firsthand experiences and I’ll do such in the case of the CT as well. I’m impatiently waiting -

I am reminded of a scene from Ford vs Ferrari. After Ken Miles died, Shelby had a new driver trying out a new race car. The driver got out of the car and claimed it was great. Shelby turns away in disgust and mumbles under his breath something like, ‘how can you tell, you drove it for less than hour.’

It’s a similar story with people who have no experience with EVs. Teslas in particular. If you haven’t lived with a Tesla for an extended period of time, you don’t and can’t understand how it changes your life.

I have no interest in, nor do I give any weight to someone’s opinion who’s rented a CT for a day. Additionally, I like to form my own opinions from firsthand experiences and I’ll do such in the case of the CT as well. I’m impatiently waiting -
EVs are amazing! Love love the Hummer EV, the model 3 and S. Once you try an EV... it's hard to go back to an ICE!

Thus my "honest" review: I'm not anti-Tesla or biased against the brand. I thought I would be passing my order for the CT after the 24hrs with it. NOPE!

The Cybertruck isn't a finished product. Before you throw $100k on it, maybe spend a day with one... and you'll be surprised. Rent a Rivian for a day, a Hummer EV, then a CT. People are free to enjoy to do whatever they want with their money! But if you have a $100k to spend on a truck, the CT is definitely not it.

Reactions: TessP100D
My honest review got deleted on Cybertruckownerforum and I got permanently banned. Somehow, you're not allowed to be remotely negative about the CT.

But people need to hear the truth. No, it's not glorious. The Cybertruck isn't a truck. It's a toy truck at best, an experimental concept at worst. I rented mine in LA, and spent 24 hours with it. Background EV that I drove in the past, and some daily drivers: Hummer EV, Tesla S, Model 3 performance, Gladiator Rubicon, LS460 (Daily driver), Mercedes S550 W140 and W221, BMW E46, Jeep Wrangler and a few other pickups trucks (F350 and Sierra 1500).

Suspension: What the heck happened here? It's so stiff... closer to a 911 than anything else. It's rough. It doesn't take bumps or potholes well. It is atrociously bad.
Steering: It's actually nice, but the steering wheel is WAY too small. Like, awkwardly small. Drive by wire is just fine, no problem her.e

Sound system: It's okay. Better than the Model S,but nothing to write home about. FAR, FAR inferior to the Lexus Mark Levinson or Mercedes Burmeister. Not even close.

Headlight: Piss poor performance in the dark. Unsure if any engineer drive a CT in the dark? They aren't powerful enough. Too low to the ground.

Wiper: Not good enough. Can't clean the windshield adequately! It sucks.

Windshield: The glare is bad when you're driving in the sun.

Visibility: It's so, so bad. You can't see the front corners adequately. It's borderline dangerous! It's a joke that there's no rearview camera display where the rear view is, instead, it's a tiny display on your main screen that shows you behind. So stupid. Cost cutting.

All in all, this is the theme of this truck: Cost cutting, then cost cutting even more. Nothing about it is "good". It feels SUPER cheap, and I'm baffled that some folks spend $100k on this truck. It's not done yet. I was a big fan of Tesla, until I tried the Cybertruck. I feel like people are getting conned into the hype of this truck. It's all plastic, it's all cheap, it's all too "fragile". I cannot dream going on trails with this truck...

Unsure why so many positive reviews exist out there. I get it, it's a different style from the exterior. But c'mon now, it's 2024, it's a 100k truck, you gotta expect more. I feel reviewers are afraid of speaking the truth, cause they want to keep getting new release car to review. But that doesn't help the community, when they sugar coat it.

This is the truth. I'm not against Tesla. I'm not a shill for GM or Ford. I have zero skin in the game. I'm just a normal dude that enjoy cars and trucks since I'm 6 years old. The Cybertruck was such a disappointment... feeling bad for those waiting patiently for it... they have no idea how bad it is.
I don’t think anyone sees this review as anything other than some guy whose upset that he can’t afford the cyber truck.. I guess in some weird way bashing the vehicle online makes him feel better about it? Sad people out there.. wish you all the best and hope your future holds brighter things than your past and present.

EVs are amazing! Love love the Hummer EV, the model 3 and S. Once you try an EV... it's hard to go back to an ICE!

Thus my "honest" review: I'm not anti-Tesla or biased against the brand. I thought I would be passing my order for the CT after the 24hrs with it. NOPE!

The Cybertruck isn't a finished product. Before you throw $100k on it, maybe spend a day with one... and you'll be surprised. Rent a Rivian for a day, a Hummer EV, then a CT. People are free to enjoy to do whatever they want with their money! But if you have a $100k to spend on a truck, the CT is definitely not it.
I’m well aware CT isn’t a finished product. Neither was the S, X, 3 or Y when they hit the road. It’ll become ‘relatively’ finished after a year of production. I’m ok with that. Eyes wide open.

It’ll serve my purposes on The Mountain perfectly. It’ll tow what I want, it’ll haul what I want, it’ll get me from point A to B the Tesla way.

Remember, your reality isn’t everyone else’s. What I want in a vehicle isn’t what you want. You couldn’t give me a Rivian or a Hummer EV for a lot of reasons.

I mean… all reviews say it “drives like a Tesla” which means we have all pretty much driven the Cybertruck. I can tell you that there are other EV’s out there that DRIVE better than a Tesla.

Software is a different story and competitors have a tough road ahead.

Reactions: TessP100D
Thanks for your review. I am glad you think it looks great in person at least.

Question, would your opinion change at all if the same AWD truck cost $60K (or less with rebate)?

For me, based on the reviews/videos, there is a lot to like, but I am not paying $100,000. Pricing, imo, can dramatically affect a review, different expectations at different prices. My Model Y is a "pos" at $60k plus, but at $40k (with rebate) it's an amazing value and a great vehicle.

Reactions: buckets0fun
My honest review got deleted on Cybertruckownerforum and I got permanently banned. Somehow, you're not allowed to be remotely negative about the CT.

But people need to hear the truth. No, it's not glorious. The Cybertruck isn't a truck. It's a toy truck at best, an experimental concept at worst. I rented mine in LA, and spent 24 hours with it. Background EV that I drove in the past, and some daily drivers: Hummer EV, Tesla S, Model 3 performance, Gladiator Rubicon, LS460 (Daily driver), Mercedes S550 W140 and W221, BMW E46, Jeep Wrangler and a few other pickups trucks (F350 and Sierra 1500).

Suspension: What the heck happened here? It's so stiff... closer to a 911 than anything else. It's rough. It doesn't take bumps or potholes well. It is atrociously bad.
Steering: It's actually nice, but the steering wheel is WAY too small. Like, awkwardly small. Drive by wire is just fine, no problem her.e

Sound system: It's okay. Better than the Model S,but nothing to write home about. FAR, FAR inferior to the Lexus Mark Levinson or Mercedes Burmeister. Not even close.

Headlight: Piss poor performance in the dark. Unsure if any engineer drive a CT in the dark? They aren't powerful enough. Too low to the ground.

Wiper: Not good enough. Can't clean the windshield adequately! It sucks.

Windshield: The glare is bad when you're driving in the sun.

Visibility: It's so, so bad. You can't see the front corners adequately. It's borderline dangerous! It's a joke that there's no rearview camera display where the rear view is, instead, it's a tiny display on your main screen that shows you behind. So stupid. Cost cutting.

All in all, this is the theme of this truck: Cost cutting, then cost cutting even more. Nothing about it is "good". It feels SUPER cheap, and I'm baffled that some folks spend $100k on this truck. It's not done yet. I was a big fan of Tesla, until I tried the Cybertruck. I feel like people are getting conned into the hype of this truck. It's all plastic, it's all cheap, it's all too "fragile". I cannot dream going on trails with this truck...

Unsure why so many positive reviews exist out there. I get it, it's a different style from the exterior. But c'mon now, it's 2024, it's a 100k truck, you gotta expect more. I feel reviewers are afraid of speaking the truth, cause they want to keep getting new release car to review. But that doesn't help the community, when they sugar coat it.

This is the truth. I'm not against Tesla. I'm not a shill for GM or Ford. I have zero skin in the game. I'm just a normal dude that enjoy cars and trucks since I'm 6 years old. The Cybertruck was such a disappointment... feeling bad for those waiting patiently for it... they have no idea how bad it is.
what i have surmised from CT reviews:
-we have no problem with "toy" but innovative feels more accurate
(sync we have tons of delivery and review videos on youtube, Dirty Tesla was just posted and hes very accurate in his reviews, loves it)
-Suspension: I have heard very little on this
-Sound System: Everyone says its one of the best in the industry, even the dual subwoofers being a factor
-Headlight: Yes, I heard that its not the best, but it does look amazing, not sure what the remediation will be
-Wiper: only have heard that its not optimal for the passenger view, otherwise works great
-Windshield: all EVs with low Cd have a long angled windshield and for the CT/any truck battling efficiency, its a design aspect, most have said not an issue
-Visibility: heard some complaints about visibility, A pillars, but feel subjective as my old Wrangler had bad visibility
-All in all: people love it

just think the CT is not for you, stick with the Lightening or R1T if thats more for your liking
good luck

what i have surmised from CT reviews:
-we have no problem with "toy" but innovative feels more accurate
(sync we have tons of delivery and review videos on youtube, Dirty Tesla was just posted and hes very accurate in his reviews, loves it)
-Suspension: I have heard very little on this
-Sound System: Everyone says its one of the best in the industry, even the dual subwoofers being a factor
-Headlight: Yes, I heard that its not the best, but it does look amazing, not sure what the remediation will be
-Wiper: only have heard that its not optimal for the passenger view, otherwise works great
-Windshield: all EVs with low Cd have a long angled windshield and for the CT/any truck battling efficiency, its a design aspect, most have said not an issue
-Visibility: heard some complaints about visibility, A pillars, but feel subjective as my old Wrangler had bad visibility
-All in all: people love it

just think the CT is not for you, stick with the Lightening or R1T if thats more for your liking
good luck

He has a Hummer EV.

The Cybertruck is a Piece of *sugar* for so many reasons. Unsure why you think this is ridiculous, since you never driven one, and you probably never driven much other trucks either? I mean... You gotta call a spade a spade.

The Cybertruck wasn't ready for release. Ban me. Cancel me. I don't care. The truth remains very clear, once you start driving one!
you bring up a great point, the driving experience
I have driven F150s and other trucks this size, terrible experience, in my mind
Driving the CT with 4 wheel steering and drive by wire, amazing

Reactions: Yelobird
you bring up a great point, the driving experience
I have driven F150s and other trucks this size, terrible experience, in my mind
Driving the CT with 4 wheel steering and drive by wire, amazing

So you’ve driven other trucks and while driving those you thought to yourself: “if only the rear wheels would turn, and I didn’t have to turn the steering wheel all the way when making U-Turns”

The CT doesn’t handle any better than the Lightning or Rivian, it doesn’t ride better. But if you making U-Turns all day , I guess it makes a difference.

Just stop with the nonsense. Your just worried about your T$LA.

He has a Hummer EV.
thanks
Hummer EV must drive like a truck, which is an acquired taste
Hummer is a beast and not sure a fair comparison, not sure what is a fair comparison
The CT is as unique to the truck industry as the Hummer is in each of their own right, def different

F150 Lightening, like a traditional PU but EV, statement work
R1T, sporty, small, statement nimble and fun
CT, unique, large bed, part work truck, innovative paradigm shift, amazing, statement innovative
Hummer EV, monster, beast, unique, statement beast