Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".

Cybertruck is such a scam. Tesla bypassing early reservation holders to see who will pony up an extra $20K ON TOP of a ~50% price increase on all models from reveal. Terrible ~320 mile range that will be like 250 miles in real life and 200 in winter. No spare tire. If you get a spare tire it will take up most of the bed.

"Range Extender" is never coming out and is complete Tesla BS vaporware. That would take up the remaining bed space. Not even a way to connect it in the bed. So a Cybertruck with spare and range extender isn't even a pickup truck anymore. Tesla's idiotic fixed headrest seats that give you neck pain after an hour.

Stupid white interior on a truck. No opening moonroof or rear window are huge misses. No HVAC in the bed as promised. Towing is going to be laughable with that tiny 123 kWh battery. The sales of this truck will tank once Tesla scams all of the "gotta have it now" Tesla fan-bois out of an extra $20K while pissing off the rest of their customers by putting them to the end of the line.

The REAL price of the Cybertruck is dual motor $100K and Tri-motor $120K. Only "Founders Editions" will be made for 2024/2025. The RWD is also vaporware and not coming out for many many many years if at all. Neither is the "$80K AWD" or "$100K Beast".
I agree 100%

a complete fail

Econ 101 still comes as a surprise to some people, like for profit businesses are an egalitarian exercise.

Everyone knows not all deposits will turn into orders, but on paper they have 4-8 years worth of production "sold" already. By all means let people who want to pay a premium to get theirs first have at it, then others can buy when/if the price fits their value proposition. I am sure no one is being bypassed, they are just matching orders to those want a Foundation Edition first, in order. Initial production costs will be VERY high, prices will come down as production scales up and production costs decrease.

There's a reason the OP isn't running a business...

Ya this price gouging on the "Founders Edition" really put a bad taste in peoples mouths. Thought with direct sales we were getting away from dealer gouging. But Tesla just replaced the dealers with their own gouging. Everything these days is a scam.

Not my graphics. Founders edition give you options/features vs just normal 'dealer markups' due to law of supply/demand.

AWD Dual
Foundation AWD Dual a.jpg

AWD Tri-Beast
Foundation AWD Tri-beast.jpg

Econ 101 still comes as a surprise to some people, like for profit businesses are an egalitarian exercise.

Everyone knows not all deposits will turn into orders, but on paper they have 4-8 years worth of production "sold" already. By all means let people who want to pay a premium to get theirs first have at it, then others can buy when/if the price fits their value proposition. I am sure no one is being bypassed, they are just matching orders to those want a Foundation Edition first, in order. Initial production costs will be VERY high, prices will come down as production scales up and production costs decrease.

There's a reason the OP isn't running a business...

One of the big supposed reasons for "direct sales" from manufacturers was to have a set price and eliminate dealership price gouging. Tesla just internalized the dealer gouging. And no, the invites aren't going in order. Basically the Founders Edition is just a money grab to have more wealthy people jump the line in front of less wealthy. Tesla would do just fine selling Cybertrucks at all the same price and in order. It's simple greed doing it the way they are.

Not sure what posting the Tonneau cover mechanism has to do with anything. I'm talking about the rear window doesn't roll down between cab and vault. Nor does it have the HVAC pumped into the vault as Elon tweeted it would.

Yep, expect the devotionalists to soon become crazed by your factual post and viewpoint. Been there…

Not sure what posting the Tonneau cover mechanism has to do with anything. I'm talking about the rear window doesn't roll down between cab and vault. Nor does it have the HVAC pumped into the vault as Elon tweeted it would.
Sorry, I thought it was more obvious. I'll explain further.

1 because there is no place for a window to roll down into
2 because even if they let the rear window have a slider to the left or right (or go down part way)

THEN you have safety issues with that tonneau cover hitting hands/fingers/etc as it when down or up.

One of the big supposed reasons for "direct sales" from manufacturers was to have a set price and eliminate dealership price gouging. Tesla just internalized the dealer gouging. And no, the invites aren't going in order. Basically the Founders Edition is just a money grab to have more wealthy people jump the line in front of less wealthy. Tesla would do just fine selling Cybertrucks at all the same price and in order. It's simple greed doing it the way they are.

btw guys, watch the side by side comparison with the R1S torneau cover operating, its like Tesla amazing engineering vs Rivian terrible engineering

Suggestion: Don’t believe anything that comes out of Elon’s mouth.

Sorry, I thought it was more obvious. I'll explain further.

1 because there is no place for a window to roll down into
2 because even if they let the rear window have a slider to the left or right (or go down part way)

THEN you have safety issues with that tonneau cover hitting hands/fingers/etc as it when down or up.

Ya, and? Not every CT needs a vault cover. I would actually remove it as I would be putting a camper shell on the back anyway.

You're hilarious. I won't bother to correct your misinformation, your mind was made up before you posted...cheers.