Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So basically what all of us who have only seen pictures have been saying is now being verified.

MKBHD knows nothing about cars but if it's him vs an actual customer Tesla would tell the customer it's within "spec" but roll over for MKBHD.

The off roading thing I wouldn't be too worried about as this is an on road truck that can be made off road with aftermarket parts. Tesla shot themselves in the foot like Elon said by trying to make it seem like it's a right out of the box off roader.

I again believe it should have been marketed as a street truck, Ford should have done the same.
It will take a ton to make this thing off road reliable. Even for things like forest service roads and long trip on gravel or dirt roads

It will take a ton to make this thing off road reliable.

True, it would be cheaper to just modify a Model Y and make it more capable than the Cybertruck.

But the fan bois will say “Stainless Steel”!!!

As we can see with everyone wrapping it, that the Stainless Steel was just another Gimmick. They could have made this out of plastic and they would claim it is better to keep people from dying in accidents….

Reactions: TessP100D
True, it would be cheaper to just modify a Model Y and make it more capable than the Cybertruck.

But the fan bois will say “Stainless Steel”!!!

As we can see with everyone wrapping it, that the Stainless Steel was just another Gimmick. They could have made this out of plastic and they would claim it is better to keep people from dying in accidents….
Plastic panels like the Saturn might have been cool. Then we'd definitely not be discussing rust.

Stainless Steel looks great when it’s clean and shiny but a bitch to maintain. I’ll probably have to wrap it eventually because unless you clean it once or twice a week, it starts to look like *sugar*.

As far as the comments that the early VINs are riddled with problems, mine is 15## and just fine.

But I was an early (2014) S buyer too. Just about all of us had to have our drivetrains replaced.

Did anyone really think a vehicle like the revolutionary Cybertruck would be flawless?

Tough crowd!! Of mostly non owners. Hahahaha

Stainless Steel looks great when it’s clean and shiny but a bitch to maintain. I’ll probably have to wrap it eventually because unless you clean it once or twice a week, it starts to look like *sugar*.

As far as the comments that the early VINs are riddled with problems, mine is 15## and just fine.

But I was an early (2014) S buyer too. Just about all of us had to have our drivetrains replaced.

Did anyone really think a vehicle like the revolutionary Cybertruck would be flawless?

Tough crowd!! Of mostly non owners. Hahahaha

I mean there are only what? Like 10 real owners while the rest of trying to make profit?

“Revolutionary” in what way? Just barely making specs of 3-4 year old offerings? 🤣🤣🤣

This poor Sap drove it for 1 mile and then it died…. “revolutionary”

I've seen, I believe, 10+ different reports of CTs being undrivable on the first day. Not sure if anyone wants to take the time to compile but it's a growing list. Possibly more reports on Reddit, CT owners forum, here, etc.
Must really suck for those new owners.

But that’s 10 out of how many delivered? It may translate to less than 1%. Still too high, but perhaps understandable for version 1 of a vehicle with so much new tech.

1712242836462.png

1712242859254.png

1712243707014.png

Last edited: