Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What current vehicle looks most like a Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think you're right, it does sort of look a bit like the X6. Which is unfortunate because I think the X6 is the pinnacle of bad design from BMW.

In my opinion what makes the X6 look so bad is that it can't decide what image it wants to project. The front end tries to look rugged, the rear end tries to look sleek and the result is a mess. The Model X doesn't appear to have that problem. It doesn't try to look anything but sleek.

Hi @LSULSU,
I'm writing a post for Teslarati and would like to include some comments from this topic thread. Any thoughts?

Great topic and my vote is X6 and, in person, it's a stunning vehicle. The Model X is a risk but could have a nice niche with the female demo.

image.jpg

The (maybe) Maserati Levante; a little in front, not so much in back
Maserati Levante Exterior Design Revealed in Patent Drawings

Maserati Levante Previewed in Design Patents

I think you're right, it does sort of look a bit like the X6. Which is unfortunate because I think the X6 is the pinnacle of bad design from BMW.

+1
I mean to be honest I don't really like SUVs to begin with, but the X6 to me is like one of the ugliest by far (ok, forgot about the 5 series GT because there are so few around, thank god, as that is just as hideous). And that statement comes from a long time BMW driver and Bavarian too. ;-)

Last edited:
+1 artsci. I don't see it at all.

+1 also to the X6 and 5 GT's from BMW being ugly beyond belief. I much prefer a proper wagon profile. Not so much the overly boxy X5 though.

Frankly it's quite sad that there are so very few proper sports wagons made any longer. Got to hand it to the American public for preferring their wagons jacked up and more "rugged" for all that off roading they never do. I really should have been born in Europe as they definitely know how to do wagons!

I'm not really a big fan of SUVs to begin with, and cross-overs even less so. However, I think the forthcoming Infiniti QX30 looks pretty good. Now granted, the QX30 might look a bit over the top, but the X's styling is a bit, well... Frigidaire.
ik6c0h1.jpg