Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If only the Model X had a 110 outlet (like Ford & Rivian).......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reality is that Rivian has a 120v socket, and Tesla X does not. If that is the most critical thing for you, then buy the Rivian.

The Cybertruck comes with multiple 120V outlets, plus 240V service. This is due to the remarkable 48v electrical system. It will provide bi-diredtional electricity to power your home in the case of a utility power outage.

There are limitations to what a 12V electrical system can provide.

Some of the newer EV (like Cybertruck) traction batteries are 800 V.

• Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
Reality is that Rivian has a 120v socket, and Tesla X does not. If that is the most critical thing for you, then buy the Rivian.

The Cybertruck comes with multiple 120V outlets, plus 240V service. This is due to the remarkable 48v electrical system. It will provide bi-diredtional electricity to power your home in the case of a utility power outage.

There are limitations to what a 12V electrical system can provide.

Some of the newer EV (like Cybertruck) traction batteries are 800 V.
Does 48 vdc system have anything to do with it?

In addition to using my Rivian's 120V outlet for camping, I just tested it yesterday with my EcoFlow power banks. I set it to 1400W, and it worked great to charge the power banks while they were busy powering my house.

240V would be even better!

In addition to using my Rivian's 120V outlet for camping, I just tested it yesterday with my EcoFlow power banks. I set it to 1400W, and it worked great to charge the power banks while they were busy powering my house.

240V would be even better!
In my business, I have an EcoFlow battery as well and do the same thing, use the truck to charge the EcoFlow battery which provides 3600 watt output. So, I get the best of both worlds. Exceed the Rivian's 1500w output and could charge the EcoFlow for days without recharging the truck. I do wish the Rivian had more power like the Ford does, the Cybertruck now does, the Chevy & GMC trucks will far exceed all of them, but this is a good workaround.