Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So—I had (with much excitement) picked up my Model X Plaid about a month ago. Totally a Tesla loyalist here ( already have the powerwall since 2018, just got the universal wall connector installed). 2 weeks into driving the car (March 23rd), loving enhanced autopilot and the overall drive, I hear a bunch of beeps go off while driving to work—all of the sudden:

-No Cruise Control
-No Lane Assist
-No Parking Hold
-No Traction Control
-No Regenerative Braking
-Getting an Error stating that the car needs alignment

Mind you, this is a 2 week old vehicle (700 miles driven so far)

I make an appt (earliest is about 2-3 weeks out)
I try to continue driving the car thinking, I guess i’ll just use the brake pedal to brake, the old fashioned way.

I notice that, when I take my foot off the brake (like when at a red light), the car starts rolling. When on a hill, stopped at a red light, the car rolls backwards when I take my foot of the brake to accelerate……

…now the car is unsafe to drive.

I try messaging the service center I have the appt at, hoping for an earlier date—no response, no answer when I call. (This is the Springfield NJ Center, where I originally picked the car up from)

I call roadside assistance when I get home—they advise that I get the car to any service center (Paramus and Springfield are equal distance with Paramus having less hills to navigate for me)—I drive to Paramus (should have had it towed in hindsight, but I did not want to be dramatic)—the roadside assistance lady mentioned something about a ‘roll setting’, which made no sense to le.

The person at the front desk a Paramus looks at me like i’m an idiot when I explain to him the issue. He goes with me to the car—looks at the displayed errors and is like ‘technically—the car is safe to drive’. I’m like—‘dude, I almost rolled into 2 cars coming here’. This guy then tells me to talk to the service desk.

At the service desk, the representative there tells me to take the car to the Springfield location (which closes in 15 min by this time) as I already made an appt there (which is still 2’weeks out)

I go home—park my car and for 2 weeks, I Uber everywhere, too afraid to drive the Tesla.

The day for my service appt comes and I have the car towed to the Springfield Service Center (easy process to be honest)—my wife and I talk to the advisor at the service center—tell him our woes. He promises that a manger will reach out to me (this is a Friday afternoon) and sets me up with a loaner.

No call from a manager. Yesterday afternoon, (Monday) i get a message that my car is ready for pick up. They also made an April 26th appt for me to bring the car in again as they need to replace the sub frame. I go yesterday (not to pick up the car but to talk to a manager to see whats up and what can be done)

Apparently, on manufacture, someone left a nut on the subframe loose, which screwed with the car’s alignment and, as we drove the car, damaged the subframe. (The manager and advisor at the Springfield location were wonderful and explained everything thoroughly)

Tesla maintains that the car is now ‘safe to drive’ and once the sub frame is replaced, will be back to its intended condition. We have lost faith and are asking that we trade this current car in for a new Model X Plaid that has all its nuts and bolts appropriately tightened from the get go.

I’m going to go today to full out the ‘repurchase paperwork’ which will take 30-60 days to process and approove. Until then, I guess I have to drive this current Model X (provided it indeed is safe to drive)

Let’s see how the rest goes—the manager has promised to keep updating me personally throughout the process so that’s something I guess.

Will update those that are interested as things evolve.

In the meanwhile—any suggestions??

So—I had (with much excitement) picked up my Model X Plaid about a month ago. Totally a Tesla loyalist here ( already have the powerwall since 2018, just got the universal wall connector installed). 2 weeks into driving the car (March 23rd), loving enhanced autopilot and the overall drive, I hear a bunch of beeps go off while driving to work—all of the sudden:

-No Cruise Control
-No Lane Assist
-No Parking Hold
-No Traction Control
-No Regenerative Braking
-Getting an Error stating that the car needs alignment

Mind you, this is a 2 week old vehicle (700 miles driven so far)

I make an appt (earliest is about 2-3 weeks out)
I try to continue driving the car thinking, I guess i’ll just use the brake pedal to brake, the old fashioned way.

I notice that, when I take my foot off the brake (like when at a red light), the car starts rolling. When on a hill, stopped at a red light, the car rolls backwards when I take my foot of the brake to accelerate……

…now the car is unsafe to drive.

I try messaging the service center I have the appt at, hoping for an earlier date—no response, no answer when I call. (This is the Springfield NJ Center, where I originally picked the car up from)

I call roadside assistance when I get home—they advise that I get the car to any service center (Paramus and Springfield are equal distance with Paramus having less hills to navigate for me)—I drive to Paramus (should have had it towed in hindsight, but I did not want to be dramatic)—the roadside assistance lady mentioned something about a ‘roll setting’, which made no sense to le.

The person at the front desk a Paramus looks at me like i’m an idiot when I explain to him the issue. He goes with me to the car—looks at the displayed errors and is like ‘technically—the car is safe to drive’. I’m like—‘dude, I almost rolled into 2 cars coming here’. This guy then tells me to talk to the service desk.

At the service desk, the representative there tells me to take the car to the Springfield location (which closes in 15 min by this time) as I already made an appt there (which is still 2’weeks out)

I go home—park my car and for 2 weeks, I Uber everywhere, too afraid to drive the Tesla.

The day for my service appt comes and I have the car towed to the Springfield Service Center (easy process to be honest)—my wife and I talk to the advisor at the service center—tell him our woes. He promises that a manger will reach out to me (this is a Friday afternoon) and sets me up with a loaner.

No call from a manager. Yesterday afternoon, (Monday) i get a message that my car is ready for pick up. They also made an April 26th appt for me to bring the car in again as they need to replace the sub frame. I go yesterday (not to pick up the car but to talk to a manager to see whats up and what can be done)

Apparently, on manufacture, someone left a nut on the subframe loose, which screwed with the car’s alignment and, as we drove the car, damaged the subframe. (The manager and advisor at the Springfield location were wonderful and explained everything thoroughly)

Tesla maintains that the car is now ‘safe to drive’ and once the sub frame is replaced, will be back to its intended condition. We have lost faith and are asking that we trade this current car in for a new Model X Plaid that has all its nuts and bolts appropriately tightened from the get go.

I’m going to go today to full out the ‘repurchase paperwork’ which will take 30-60 days to process and approove. Until then, I guess I have to drive this current Model X (provided it indeed is safe to drive)

Let’s see how the rest goes—the manager has promised to keep updating me personally throughout the process so that’s something I guess.

Will update those that are interested as things evolve.

In the meanwhile—any suggestions??
You should have tried Roadside, it is just below Service in the main menu. You were stranded, or about to be, therefore you needed help NOW, not in two weeks. Roadside is very responsive, like in minutes.