Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X Plaid Buyback

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I am looking for information on who I could contact (phone or email) on Tesla Corporate to follow up on a Tesla buyback.

The short story is I took delivery of the car in July 2022, I drove it home 150 miles and 3 days later the car was completely dead. It was towed back to Atlanta and a week later I had to go and pick it up. A week later or so the car was dead again... rinse and repeat... the same thing happened a 3rd time mid/late August and it was towed once again back to the service center. I was contacted to pick it up early September and when I showed up the car was dead right in the parking lot of the Service Center... mind you, I live 150 miles away... by then conversations started about a buy back.

At the end, I was told that I should order a new car, which I did, and that Tesla had agreed to buy the car back. I was asked what my payoff on the loan was.. etc.. and then radio silence... I have tried MANY times to talk to someone at the service center, service manager, sales manager, etc, and they are not returning my calls.. so I guess that corporate is my next step before having to contact a lawyer... Can anyone with a similar experience advise, please?

Thanks in advance!

I had a completely different experience. See below:

LTDR version: I worked with the person that shared the news about my car from the beginning. She was kind enough to share her cell phone with me and we used texting for most of the communication. I know it isn't helpful with you being 150 miles away but I would suggest you go to the SC and demand to have them get you a personal contact that will handle your buyback with a phone and email address. Sorry wouldn't know what else to tell you.

Upvote 0
Where was your dead car during the past 1.5 years after these incidents? Sitting in your driveway waiting for the buyback tow truck?

You probably need a lawyer. If the buyback offer was made in the fall of 2022 it's possible it was done verbally and by now the service center could have different manager and staff members that have no knowledge of your buyback offer. You need to restart the conversation in person as if the buyback offer didn't happen (unless you have that documented of course).

Reactions: towndrunk
Upvote 0