Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What current vehicle looks most like a Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the title of thread is "What vehicle LOOKS like an X" not "What vehicle precisely matches the dimensions of the X". :tongue: :wink:

I agree though, neither of this look like a match to me either. I say the BMW X6 and the new Mercedes GLE coupe are pretty close in profile. I've slso looked closer at the Prius and can see some similarity there. Of course these only work if I squint real hard. :rolleyes:

I'm curious- I have a Model X reservation and wonder what existing vehicle most closely resembles the exterior dimensions of the Model X. I've read the specs, but can't really relate to the numbers. It would be nice to see something on the road and say "Oh- that's about the same size as the Model X." Any thoughts?

Thanks

This is the original post of the thread.

I think a lot the problem when people look at pictures of the X and say things like they don't see how there will be room for a third row is that they can't picture how big it will be. The Model X is longer than a lot of SUVs on the road. It will be at least 5" longer than a Toyota Highlander. It will be smaller than the mammoth SUVs like the Escalade, but that's about it. But it will be sleek instead of feeling massive. I'm not sure there's really anything quite like it on the road (not even counting the EV part). The BMW X6 is close.

Last edited:
Touché. Admittedly it's been a while since I read the first post.

You're not kidding about people not being able to see how big it is. We're still getting reports of the testers being Model 3 mules! They almost had me believing the camo version on the pier was too small to be an X, but the close up shots posted by jerseygirl in the model 3 section really made me chuckle.

The wait is really getting to some people! Me included.

Cheers!