Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Testa Model X - p90(82K miles) vs 100D(92k Miles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I'm looking to get my first Tesla(New and still learning).. I've narrowed it down to the larger Model X with 7 seats for my family but I can't decide between these 2 cars:

2016 p90(82K miles) VS 2017 100D(92k Miles)

Both these cars are priced the same, Miles and year is pretty close, Also battery capacity is fairly close( I image this will directly relate to range).

I'd like something with longer range, and Speed doesn't really matter to me.

They seem pretty similar and I can't decide which to get.

Am I missing anything? What would you choose?

Thanks for any feedback
-Ray

if by 'speed' u mean performance then go for 100d
p90d (X doesn't come without a D) is faster n has LDU which is prone to coolant leaks but has coolant bypass mod by now (which needs to be done to avoid expensive repairs later)
100d has largest battery n SDUs which are oil cooled n very robust, same with 100kwh pack
90kwh packs are good too they were just never close to 90 from the start, more like 82kwh new..

also, depending which month in 2016, it might be AP1 or AP2+ (change happened in Oct)
AP1 cannot be upgraded at all

Am I missing anything? What would you choose?

if by 'speed' u mean performance then go for 100d
p90d (X doesn't come without a D) is faster n has LDU which is prone to coolant leaks but has coolant bypass mod by now (which needs to be done to avoid expensive repairs later)
100d has largest battery n SDUs which are oil cooled n very robust, same with 100kwh pack
90kwh packs are good too they were just never close to 90 from the start, more like 82kwh new..

also, depending which month in 2016, it might be AP1 or AP2+ (change happened in Oct)
AP1 cannot be upgraded at all
Thank you for the reply

since you don't care about performance just get the 100d. The 100kwh batteries are known to be very reliable not so much for the 90kwh battery. Also the performance models are knows to be not as reliable vs the non performance because of some coolant leaking issue found on their larger size rear motor .

Reactions: Krash
Make sure you're very aware of all the features of the post-refresh you won't be getting on an earlier X.

If you have cold winters or hot summers, missing out on the heat pump might be important to you. That came out in around 2020, if I remember correctly.