Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Goulburn NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Come on... Start diggin'

Remember this quote: "Goulburn will get its set of eight Superchargers some time during the second quarter of this year, but they should be up and running before June."

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/04/teslas-first-rural-aussie-supercharger-is-in-goulburn/

Well THAT prophecy has stalled.

Goulburn was supposed to be the first of several country superchargers. There has got to be something wrong if event the FIRST domino doesn't start falling!

Since when has it ever been the earlier time in any suspected or anticipated dates?! Second half of this year kinda means by December in Tesla world. As we've seen overseas once construction begins it finishes quickly. Let's work off Golburn being up in Sept and then the same team wipping down the highway on a big road trip to put in all the others. You could put in 3 or 4 in a month.

Since when has it ever been the earlier time in any suspected or anticipated dates?! Second half of this year kinda means by December in Tesla world. As we've seen overseas once construction begins it finishes quickly. Let's work off Golburn being up in Sept and then the same team wipping down the highway on a big road trip to put in all the others. You could put in 3 or 4 in a month.

Second *quarter*, not half, was what had been touted. But that was probably always optimistic and as you say I don't think the actual build takes that long once all the administrative groundwork is dealt with.

Was supposed to be by this month end. And, 3 supercharger bays are STILL " coming soon" as they have been for the last 6.5 months. Despite the substation going in a month ago! Yes, there was a 3 month hiatus when Tesla pulled the plug on the money supply after China flopped. ( I have that on reasonable authority which must remain confidential). Are all the stalls operational in Melbourne? I don't know.

Was supposed to be by this month end. And, 3 supercharger bays are STILL " coming soon" as they have been for the last 6.5 months. Despite the substation going in a month ago! Yes, there was a 3 month hiatus when Tesla pulled the plug on the money supply after China flopped. ( I have that on reasonable authority which must remain confidential). Are all the stalls operational in Melbourne? I don't know.

Two of the Melbourne stalls are still awaiting the substation upgrades to be complete.

Great, now a Supercharger in Albury and I'll be able to visit my son in Canberra with my Model S without charging delays ('cause of the 3 p's). :biggrin:

If you're happy to deal with drifting into town on electrons, and 1+ hr charge times, Albury will also be the only supercharger required to complete a functional Melbourne-Sydney route. In fact as you've noticed, you could extend that, and even drive from Portland to Port Macquarie :)

Edit: add map
sfWJDJs.png

Last edited: