Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Exeter, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very well said, and to the claims (cop out) that no other manufacturer can be profitable in doing so Mercedes seems to disagree-

I'd be very surprised if there is any actual fast expansion of that Mercedes charging network. Just looks like a PR stunt to me. The only reason that place looks so good is because its outside of their corporate offices, so much space for 8 chargers.

Back online and full house at 14:09
IMG_7128.jpeg

Strangely, I was doing some route planning yesterday in the late afternoon for a trip we're planning, and I was using ABRP (ABRP). I wanted to engineer a stop at Exeter in between Sydney and Albury, so selected the Exeter Tesla charger as a waypoint, and was surprised to find the planner virtually refused to use that charger - it pointed me continually to other nearby chargers instead, automatically including them in the route, and not allowing the Exeter supercharger to be included in the charging calculations.

I didn't realise at the time that this supercharger was out of action.

For the sake of interest, I recalculated that same route this afternoon, and it works exactly as expected, with correct charging calculations.

I didn't realise ABRP was able to "read" the status of Tesla superchargers?

And an off-topic question for those who might know please - I want to plan several "legs" of a major trip in ABRP, and save the individual legs... I've found how to save them, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to load them again - I'm using a web browser on a computer, not the app. Would anyone know how to load saved routes please?

And an off-topic question for those who might know please - I want to plan several "legs" of a major trip in ABRP, and save the individual legs... I've found how to save them, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to load them again - I'm using a web browser on a computer, not the app. Would anyone know how to load saved routes please?

If you clear the route selection, there's a Saved Plans button under your selected car:

1711778420202.png

• Informative
Reactions: Midnight Man
Strangely, I was doing some route planning yesterday in the late afternoon for a trip we're planning, and I was using ABRP (ABRP). I wanted to engineer a stop at Exeter in between Sydney and Albury, so selected the Exeter Tesla charger as a waypoint, and was surprised to find the planner virtually refused to use that charger - it pointed me continually to other nearby chargers instead, automatically including them in the route, and not allowing the Exeter supercharger to be included in the charging calculations.

I didn't realise at the time that this supercharger was out of action.

For the sake of interest, I recalculated that same route this afternoon, and it works exactly as expected, with correct charging calculations.

I didn't realise ABRP was able to "read" the status of Tesla superchargers?

I think ABRP is the only third party with Supercharger availability.

Are you a ABRP Premium subscriber?

Arghh! Exeter has been down a couple of times recently.

I was just entering a route Sydney/Canberra and the car says Exeter is again out of action with no ETA on a fix.

Does anyone know what is going wrong with the site and what is the prognosis? I had been planning on leaving with 80% and going via Exeter. I should be able to make Canberra with about 5% to spare if it is down....But then, there is the possibility of up to 300mm of rain in places tomorrow which will knock range.

A few days ago there was a Plugshare entry saying it was down but the poster advised it was working, at least on his car and one other.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what is going wrong with the site and what is the prognosis? I had been planning on leaving with 80% and going via Exeter. I should be able to make Canberra with about 5% to spare if it is down....But then, there is the possibility of up to 300mm of rain in places tomorrow which will knock range.
If it's down just go to the Evie over the other side of the highway?

Reactions: Jules22
Yes, realise that but I DO want my pies (for offspring in Cbr/Qbn) and coffee! Plus I have Supercharger credits expiring next month.......
Try charging. If it lets you, buy a pie in store. If it doesn't, buy a pie drive-thru, and spend 3-5 minutes charging somewhere else. It's not like you have to add that much charge at Exeter to reach CBR. You've already passed the peak of the Southern Highlands at Berrima. It's mostly downhill from there.

Reactions: Jules22
A few days ago there was a Plugshare entry saying it was down but the poster advised it was working, at least on his car and one other.

Same story today - Tesla app showing it as down, but Plugshare users are reporting it to be ok. Someone charged OK about 2 hours ago, and reports that another car was there too.

Maybe some sort of a comms issue?