Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wagga Wagga, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_4979.jpeg
IMG_4981.png

(Not open to Non Tesla EVs from the start)

What would be the utility of a SC at Wagga?

Heading east say to Sydney one could skip the Gundagai SC (a busy SC with its attached Olivers swamp) and head straight to Goulburn. Or go straight to Canberra also bypassing Gundagai.

Heading west it gives a fast start to the string of single station 50kW reliability / queuing issues known as NRMA Tritium chargers.

Please forgive a charging newbie (I am 2 weeks away from getting my vehicle). But am reading as much as I can to learn/understand, and critically, want to observe good charging etiquette.

In the photo shown in this post: Supercharger - Wagga Wagga, NSW there is one charging stall at the front of the right-most charging bay.

May I please ask why, and what purpose this serves?

I'm surprised they are still deploying superchargers without the V4 style stalls. Regardless of the back end hardware version, I thought it would be wise to start deploying longer cables.
I’m only new here so excuse me if this is a silly question but is there such a thing as ccs2 extension cables that non-tesla people could buy so they can use Tesla chargers?

Consider how much a 3-phase 32A Type 2 cable costs, which has four conductors capable of carrying 32A. A CCS2 cable needs two conductors capable of carrying 500A, so back of the envelope that's at least 4 times as much copper. Plus more substantial insulation etc as well. They'd be extraordinarily expensive (and heavy!).

And the handles aren't cheap either. Plus many cables are water cooled so there might be an issue extending a water cooled cable with a lead that isn't.

The V4 superchargers that Tesla is beginning to rollout globally have longer cables to support non-Teslas.

Reactions: Chuq