Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Raymond Terrace, NSW

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And OPEN.

$0.70/kWh, same as Heatherbrae. Not yet showing as available to other EVs (has taken a few days at other sites).
Also listed with Wifi, unlike many of the other recent sites.

Screenshot_20240416_181635.jpg

Last edited:
I am going for an MRI scan tomorrow 21st at E Maitland and instead of charging at Heatherbrae will look at the RT site. I just happened to see it marked on the ABRP site today - I thought there were going to be 12 stalls somewhere just down the road from the H'Brae chargers?

thought there were going to be 12 stalls somewhere just down the road from the H'Brae chargers?
Round 1 of the NSW grants listed Lakeside Tavern Raymond Terrace with 15 stalls.
Round 2 listed Masonite Road Heatherbrae (fast food strip) with 10 stalls.

Then this site popped up with 12 stalls.

It's been assumed this is a relocation and slight reduction of Round 1, but no definitive information. Another site may or may not be coming.

Reactions: Vostok
Round 1 of the NSW grants listed Lakeside Tavern Raymond Terrace with 15 stalls.
Round 2 listed Masonite Road Heatherbrae (fast food strip) with 10 stalls.

Then this site popped up with 12 stalls.

It's been assumed this is a relocation and slight reduction of Round 1, but no definitive information. Another site may or may not be coming.
It all seems to be a big secret yet obviously has been planned and sourced for some time so why?

there might have been site related issues at the original sites and for obvious reasons, commercial negotiations are never conducted in public.
I went to the Raymond Terrace supercharger site today and charged up. Twelve stalls undercover with solar on the roofs. All Vxxx - which means that anyone with an S or X can't use them without an adapter!
Fortunately I was given an adapter with my car so was able to use the charger but when finished it was impossible to disengage the adapter from the cable! A call to Roadside assist wasn't much help and I was reluctant to use much force - with the extra heavy cable and the adapter/plug being 18" long it's almost impossible for one person to do it but a couple of nice ladies on another stall helped by pulling one end and it did come adrift - eventually.
The site is in the Woollies car park with a small mall with Reject Shop and one or two other small shops and a cafe - closed on Sunday!
There are 12 stalls with apparent room for several more.
Photos attached if I can make that work!

Attachments

• Raymond Terrace chargers0001.jpg
    Raymond Terrace chargers0001.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Raymond Terrace chargers0002.jpg
    Raymond Terrace chargers0002.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Raymond Terrace chargers0003.jpg
    Raymond Terrace chargers0003.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Raymond Terrace chargers0004.jpg
    Raymond Terrace chargers0004.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Raymond Terrace chargers0005.jpg
    Raymond Terrace chargers0005.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Raymond Terrace chargers0006.jpg
    Raymond Terrace chargers0006.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Raymond Terrace chargers0007.jpg
    Raymond Terrace chargers0007.jpg
    326 KB · Views: 6
I
I went to the Raymond Terrace supercharger site today and charged up. Twelve stalls undercover with solar on the roofs. All Vxxx - which means that anyone with an S or X can't use them without an adapter!
Fortunately I was given an adapter with my car so was able to use the charger but when finished it was impossible to disengage the adapter from the cable! A call to Roadside assist wasn't much help and I was reluctant to use much force - with the extra heavy cable and the adapter/plug being 18" long it's almost impossible for one person to do it but a couple of nice ladies on another stall helped by pulling one end and it did come adrift - eventually.
The site is in the Woollies car park with a small mall with Reject Shop and one or two other small shops and a cafe - closed on Sunday!
There are 12 stalls with apparent room for several more.
Photos attached if I can make that work!
If you haven't had the CCS update done to your Model S or X, I'm pretty sure sites where you need adapters won't even show in your car and your nav won't route you to charge at these sites?

Tesla can replace the charging ports for a fee
Not replace.

If needed (depending on age of the S/X, think this is for pre 2017) they upgrade the port chip so it can speak CCS2, and then sell you a passive adapter.

As wol747 already had an adapter (just seemingly hadn't used it) his car came with that functionality.
Note that over half the superchargers in Australia now need this adapter for S/X.

Had we gotten the refresh versions they would have come with CCS2 plugs in the enlargement tail light.