Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought back 25% of my original position yesterday, of course I timed it horribly but still, TSLA under $130 sounded good to me. I was all in previously with all available cash and that got to be a bit stressful, I'm more comfortable with my smaller position and won't worry about the short term as much, though I always seem to be in a better mood when TSLA goes up.

i think we are at the bottom or close to the theoretical bottom. no one can predict the stocks future with 100% accuracy, but regardless, the upside possibilities now exceed the downside risk. you are more likely to miss out on a huge runup in the share price than take a 50% loss from here. i just bought some now.

This thread is quiet. I don't care how others and the moderators decide to separate threads, I read them all, just makes it more work. I'm probably not alone on this, but I have a hard time not having some skin in the game when it comes to tsla. I sat on the sidelines for about a week and couldn't wait any longer. I'm not "all in" like I was before, which wasn't that smart to begin with, but im comfortable with my current position even though I'm in the red on my latest purchase. I waste way to much time on TMC but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Yeah, I've been a little put off by tesla recently because of the pain of losing so much so quickly. I sold 90% of my tesla a little higher than we are right now, after losing a lot of money in the fall from 135 to here. On the good side, the volume was strong and things seem to be stabilized. I am like you, sub, and I couldn't stay away once the price stabilized. With how tight the trading range was today, it seems like we might see a large swing in one direction or the other soon.

It's not fun to have this price drop, but until this week, I never thought I'd be buying more TSLA. I've added over 17% to my holdings which had a previous ASP of 92. I'm really not worried by this drop. I have low expenses and so live off little money. It's almost all in Tesla and solar. The future is bright. I'm a new investor, but not really feeling the panic going around... Come on bears, try a little harder to scare us :wink:

Apparently, it's two recalls in one. That's seven since it was redesigned in 2013 (we're still in 2013, btw). 13 fires (not due to collision) so far because of it. Can you imagine if the Model S had that track record? People would be burning Elon in effigy. Ridiculous. If anyone is worried about the NHTSA investigation, this should be reassuring.