Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Filing Formal Complaint: 057 Technology Battery Plans

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What specific grievance(s) do you any parties have with any contractual agreement with this vendor?
A specific grievance I could make is that 057 Companies (the invoicing company for the HV Battery Service Plan) did not provide a pro-rated refund within the 30 day window noted in the cancellation terms after I provided written notice (as I had sold the vehicle the Service Plan was attached to).

If I had to take a good guess, Jason went in with nothing but good intentions early on. People backed him up and he was very reputable. He was busting his ass working as 057 Technology and didn’t want to get burned like he did before. He saw a customer with big ideas and big pockets. He decided to sell and hopefully make some money and be able to walk away. They may have even hoped for some big government contracts to be awarded to them. I think this all fell through and both companies collapsed and they walked away with whatever they had. But unfortunately it left us in the dark and without the battery service plan agreement we paid for. Who knows, I can be completely wrong. I just know I did not get what I paid for. I paid for peace of mind when I purchased this 2014 Model S. I spent money on an extended warranty for the vehicle (a separate purchase), this covered everything minus the HV battery and the drive unit. After doing some research I put faith into purchasing the 2 year battery service plan through 057 Technology in July of 2022. I waited for the promised BMD and sent messages early on. A very polite Russ Wrye replied twice informing me my BMD would ship soon and tracking info would be provided. Last message received was early December of 2022. I subsequently sent three additional messages via the 057
Website and received auto replies that tickets were created. I received zero response back from these three messages. Then the sh!t storm started on TMC. I tried to still have some faith but that soon faded. I made attempts to contact Jason via this forum (failed) his Twitter account (also failed) and his personal email (no reply). I was even resistant to file a CC dispute while my wife was insisting I do. I told myself, well, what if I actually have a battery problem and need to contact the new 057 Companies? I somehow had faith in them. The website was still active. I tried calling the number listed on the website, no answer. I even tried calling one of the new owners of 057 Companies after searching online, no answer, I even left a message. That’s when I decided to file the complaint with the Tennessee Consumer Affairs. I still resisted a CC dispute. After hearing nothing for two weeks they tried contacting them again and I got a response. A response stating they have zero liability with my service plan or anything 057 Tech related. Awesome. I sent another response back stating this was not acceptable and they replied back telling me to pound sand essentially. Ok…..this is now when I decided to file a CC dispute. And I don’t feel bad about it at all. I gave them all a chance. I did my due diligence and they did not. They are in breach of the contract I signed in July of 2022. 🖕🖕

A specific grievance I could make is that 057 Companies (the invoicing company for the HV Battery Service Plan) did not provide a pro-rated refund within the 30 day window noted in the cancellation terms after I provided written notice (as I had sold the vehicle the Service Plan was attached to).
I couldn't even get acknowledgement of a cancellation/pro-rata refund request after I sold my car. Tickets sat unchanged and (apparently) ignored (this was after 057 Companies took over).

I couldn't even get acknowledgement of a cancellation/pro-rata refund request after I sold my car. Tickets sat unchanged and (apparently) ignored (this was after 057 Companies took over).
The process was the same for me - I created the ticket and got the email with the link to the ticket, but there was no response from 057 Companies staff to either the initial request or the follow-up "it's been more than 30 days" message.

I just added a NC SOS document to the other thread showing 057 Technology was dissolved before 057 Companies could've bought the assets.

Also, a member has contacted me about initiating a discovery and possibly filing a lawsuit. This person is interested in knowing who would want to be listed as a plaintiff.

I've also been advised and am looking for input, as to opinions on filing a police report for all municipalities that the 057 businesses were registered in.

Also, a member has contacted me about initiating a discovery and possibly filing a lawsuit. This person is interested in knowing who would want to be listed as a plaintiff.
I seem to recall at least one, maybe two individuals who have chimed in over the past several months claiming to have purchased service plans, experienced battery failures, attempted to file a claim but received zero response, and ultimately paid Tesla or someone else out of pocket for a replacement.

Those folks would be the ringers for an easily demonstrated, calculable loss.

Everyone with an active plan that isn't usable has a demonstrated calculable loss too. Like I said above waiting to have a failure before claiming a "demonstrated calculable loss" is not in the cards. If new/old/057 didn't want a chargeback then take care of existing customers and don't solicit for new customers before secretly selling the company or better yet don't secretly sell the company. That ship has sailed though, and crashed.

Everyone with an active plan that isn't usable has a demonstrated calculable loss too. Like I said above waiting to have a failure before claiming a "demonstrated calculable loss" is not in the cards.
I agree, generally speaking. But at the end of the day, "I lost the insurance coverage I paid for" is more ambiguous than "I lost $20,000 because the company was non-responsive, here's the receipt."

Though I do get what you're implying: if a subscriber's coverage ended this month, do they get retro refunded back to when the company ceased in 2023?

I consider insurance (yes yes semantics) as essentially being a gamble, and closing an insurance business before the term is up, would be cheating ... regardless of outcome. It's a breach of the contract.

Now calculating loss:Seems like a simple pro-rate calculation.

Reactions: cleverscreenam
Though I do get what you're implying: if a subscriber's coverage ended this month, do they get retro refunded back to when the company ceased in 2023?
The reasonable answer is yes. The product is no longer serviceable when the company quits servicing it. This time of unserviceability is probably before the date of official company ending. That because the nose dive started before the crash.

Reactions: cleverscreenam
Out of curiosity, anyone who how many people have been affected by this?
There's a poll thread, so far 16 people have said they purchased a service agreement.