Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this is the social chat thread and since everybody is guessing why TSLA is tanking so hard now, let me add my baseless guess too ;-)
1. A barrage of negative news and a relative shortage of rebuttals to misunderstandings and outright lies.
2. As part of #1, an increasing number of shameless firetruck chasers flinging their stuff about.
3. As Tesla has been gaining ground at the cost of fossil giants, they are slowly starting to react (cf #1 & #2).
4. As part of #3, maybe the genious move into Korea may have rattled some giants' cage too hard.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Considers Expanding Into Korea - TheStreet

Let's be positive: if one thing is getting really clear and understood by everyone and even by those bashing the stock, and it shows again in the article covering the possible expansion in Korea, it's that Tesla is production constrained. In other words, no one is using the argument that demanding will collapse. I think any good news on battery supply would be welcome to start reversing the trend...

Since this is the social chat thread and since everybody is guessing why TSLA is tanking so hard now, let me add my baseless guess too ;-)
1. A barrage of negative news and a relative shortage of rebuttals to misunderstandings and outright lies.
2. As part of #1, an increasing number of shameless firetruck chasers flinging their stuff about.
3. As Tesla has been gaining ground at the cost of fossil giants, they are slowly starting to react (cf #1 & #2).
4. As part of #3, maybe the genious move into Korea may have rattled some giants' cage too hard.
Tesla Motors Inc (TSLA) Considers Expanding Into Korea - TheStreet

After following TSLA closely since February, my conclusion is that logic is only loosely tied to the stock price. On the way up, it went up because of "momentum" - people wanted to make money on the stock regardless of what it was actually worth. Now I think shorts are making money on the stock regardless of what it is actually worth. The good news is that if this is driven by shorts it creates demand to buy since shorts need to cover their position at some point. Once we get upward momentum, covering shorts will help to maintain that momentum.

I concur with your conclusion. That strengthens Gtoffo's argument here: Short-Term TSLA Price Movements - Page 1305

I'm also seeing more and more posts pulled from this forum and used for the bear argument. Cherry picking data and information and using it to try and damage. Conversely, I don't see many posts being pulled from this forum and used for the bull agrument. It's entirely fascinating what the human will do to support a negative perspective and trash another (person, company, thing), that they then feel no need to do to support a positive perspective.

I think a lot of questions without answers are going to continue to hammer this stock. For whatever reason (and Tesla's silence is deafening), they disabled the lowering of the car at high speeds. Who's to say the touchscreen isn't the next thing that Tesla will disable? What if the NHTSA says it needs to be turned off? Will they push an update out that disables it? This "on the fly" update thing is great, but maybe it's too big-brother-y? Plus the sudden change in ranger service/loaners, where loaners are only provided within 50 miles of the service centers? If true, Tesla is going from "we'll do anything for you, our customer" to "we'll do some things for some and not for others."

I'm on the sidelines until things look more promising. If Tesla isn't committed to me, the customer, then who's to say my next Electric Car won't be an Audi (if they come out with something as good)?

I think a lot of questions without answers are going to continue to hammer this stock. For whatever reason (and Tesla's silence is deafening), they disabled the lowering of the car at high speeds. Who's to say the touchscreen isn't the next thing that Tesla will disable? What if the NHTSA says it needs to be turned off? Will they push an update out that disables it? This "on the fly" update thing is great, but maybe it's too big-brother-y? Plus the sudden change in ranger service/loaners, where loaners are only provided within 50 miles of the service centers? If true, Tesla is going from "we'll do anything for you, our customer" to "we'll do some things for some and not for others."

I'm on the sidelines until things look more promising. If Tesla isn't committed to me, the customer, then who's to say my next Electric Car won't be an Audi (if they come out with something as good)?

I find disabling the use of the touchscreen not possible. It fits along the lines of using the radio and stuff, which conventional cars are free of being used. Besides, the touchscreen is the sole control of basic functions of the car, am I right?

Not going to happen. There are a lot of cars with touch screen stuff for more than A/C and radio. Not nearly at the level of Tesla, but it's all over the car industry.

Last week the same response would have been given about disabling the lowering of the car. I'm not saying they're going to disable the Nav screen. I'm saying that Tesla will disable features without notification, is disturbing.

Uhm. What do you mean, exactly? I can see the sky is falling, but is all of Nasdaq? That's not good, right?

The nasdaq is down big time....down more than 1%. I think that is why Tesla dropped in the first place. People started talking about "the nasdaq bubble" and the fact that a lot of tech stocks are way overvalued. Hence the sell-off. Blame the Snapchats of the world.