Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought some GOOG calls this morning. Not expecting a pullback. Their ER was super impressive, especially with YouTube mobile clicks increasing. Analysts will likely be raising price targets to $1100 and $1200 soon. That will act as further catalysts.

I guess I should have said a short term pullback over a few days or a week or two while some people take profits before it slowly starts marching back up. This seems to have been the trend with TSLA but I can't remember exactly day by day. What calls did you buy if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming you have done well on those, I wasn't sure what to do and I didn't see or read the GOOG ER, all my cash is tied up in TSLA right now for the next 3 weeks.

I guess I should have said a short term pullback over a few days or a week or two while some people take profits before it slowly starts marching back up. This seems to have been the trend with TSLA but I can't remember exactly day by day. What calls did you buy if you don't mind me asking? I'm assuming you have done well on those, I wasn't sure what to do and I didn't see or read the GOOG ER, all my cash is tied up in TSLA right now for the next 3 weeks.

I originally bought 980 strike (3 weeks out) calls when stock was at 980 and then after it went up to 1010, I bought riskier OTM 1055 strike calls (3 weeks out). But this is after following GOOG for the past year (I would listen to their earnings call in full every quarter for the past year), so I had some confidence in my purchase though short-term OTM calls are always risky.

I guess this is more appropriate for this than the short term price thread though I'm still confused on the split. But what the heck caused the selloff today? We're down almost 4% and no real news to justify that.

- - - Updated - - -

Only thing I can imagine is redharel reporting:

* Tesla Motors Inc <TSLA.O>: JP Morgan raises price target to $93 from $83;
rating neutral

If that's true, then hey, buying opportunity ;)

Wow.....this is insane....................
Yea, bought options with what I had left as it looked like it'd hit a stable point. I'm getting crushed now. I may actually hit my margin limit, which a few days ago seemed very far away.

Should have been a good deal with solar doing well, but TSLA is so far red it's dwarfing anything in my solar profile.

I had already considered myself to be "all-in" on TSLA - as much of my IRA as I'm willing to put on the line. Like Spinal Tap, however, if needed I can crank things up to 11. I bought some more Nov16 150 calls at the current floor (172 and change) and will buy a few more if it gets to 168 and then 163. I still have faith in TSLA to rebound over the next couple weeks.