Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shockingly this isn't the worst day I've had. Although it's the 2nd worst. I loaded up on Options though. Conviction is high and the noise is really driving out those who are not "in the know." It's only Monday, so there's plenty of time to recover

Curious to learn from others on this forum what are tell-tale signs that this retraction is really just "weak longs" that are selling. I'm debating going "all-in" if it hits the 50 ema in the coming days. Seems to be a pretty solid opportunity for accumulating stocks before Q3 ER. Thoughts?

Well I did get in some more today, but reserving some cash in case this slide continues tomorrow. I'm still net positive, but barely, mostly thanks to the fact that I was ca +25% on Friday, am down today ca 18%. Also had to take a loss on the short puts I had today to avoid margin calls. Oh well, been loading up too much and seems the margin requirement doesn't use my options value, just cash and stocks so having ******** of options doesn't help. Then again I noticed that I've managed to somehow balance my portfolio to be ~50% TSLA, 50% solar. So some of the TSLA crap today has been slightly balanced by solar though that sector did take a beating in late hours of trade. So right now I'm looking at a portfolio net liquidation value that is pretty much what I've put in there...

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious to learn from others on this forum what are tell-tale signs that this retraction is really just "weak longs" that are selling. I'm debating going "all-in" if it hits the 50 ema in the coming days. Seems to be a pretty solid opportunity for accumulating stocks before Q3 ER. Thoughts?
we wont know. we are all blaming the article that came out about registrations in germany but this could be a major owner selling shares too. its human nature to look for a cause but we freqeuntly blame a coincident issue for a current problem.

Thar she blows. I guess the Munnich news was digested.
And it drops again, so I guess the news was finished digesting and, uh, well, I'm not sure I want to take that analogy further.

Market is up, TSLA is down even with the Munich news having hit.

And the entire solar market is getting crushed this morning. I didn't think today could be worse than yesterday, but it's already close and it's only 8am PST. I'm down about 25% of my entire portfolio in less than 2 days.

And it drops again, so I guess the news was finished digesting and, uh, well, I'm not sure I want to take that analogy further.

Market is up, TSLA is down even with the Munich news having hit.

The Munich news hasn't really hit it I think. The morning rally was a technical one bouncing off the previous resistance levels. There is still no news on Munich so that's still to come. The drop now is most likely due to the NHTSA investigation into a Tesla crash (I'm guessing the fire?)