Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS Plaid vs Taycan vs EQS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thx for the feedback. I’m honestly torn. I like the one pedal driving, UI and speed of the Plaid. Like the handling, looks, Burmester, ceramic brakes, whole car is PPF’d, quietness of the Taycan. Tomorrow I’m supposed to pick it up and sign the papers but having second thoughts that I might miss what I like about the Tesla. Scared to order again and get another vibrating Plaid.
Get the Turbo S. Its a hell of a lot of car for 94k.

You’ll order another plaid and it will have issue(s) most likely. When people claim they have a perfect model s I’m highly suspicious

Referring to the 80 mph vibration my 2023 MSP has. Been to service center 7 times. Can’t fix it. Tesla is buying it back. I had a 2021 MSP before that, just had the 40-50 mph vibration that is fixed now with latest update.
When I test drove a long range, it had the 80mph vibration and that honestly stopped me from ordering. Still does.
The sales guy called me a few days later to check in and see if I was ready to order and I told him no because of the vibration issue, he reassured me that it was simply the tires and that his vibration issues on his model s were resolved by changing the tires.

I’m very skeptical that it’s just the tires.

• Disagree
Reactions: Evee and Propofoln
When I test drove a long range, it had the 80mph vibration and that honestly stopped me from ordering. Still does.
The sales guy called me a few days later to check in and see if I was ready to order and I told him no because of the vibration issue, he reassured me that it was simply the tires and that his vibration issues on his model s were resolved by changing the tires.

I’m very skeptical that it’s just the tires.

It’s not the tires

Reactions: AMPd and WilliamG
I assume low hanging fruit like wheel bearings and that sort of thing were tried?

Either way, hopefully my car doesn't develop those sorta vibrations. Currently don't have any... but I'm also at 168 miles lol

You’ll be fine. Mine had the 80 mph vibration new at 10 miles. They swapped tires. Wheels, front suspension etc. Service manager said Tesla said it was an issue related to my Vin range and they are trying to find cause. That’s when i submitted buy back. I really do like the car. Supposed to pick up Taycan today and having Second thoughts. Maybe roll dice for another new one and hope there is no issues.

You’ll be fine. Mine had the 80 mph vibration new at 10 miles. They swapped tires. Wheels, front suspension etc. Service manager said Tesla said it was an issue related to my Vin range and they are trying to find cause. That’s when i submitted buy back. I really do like the car. Supposed to pick up Taycan today and having Second thoughts. Maybe roll dice for another new one and hope there is no issues.
I don't think there is a harm in driving Taycan for year or two until they refresh Model S. Taycan is a fun car.

Reactions: Propofoln
If you go with the Taycan, at least you won’t take a loss near as much as the first owner did. But the plaid is a hell of a deal new for what you get these days. Cheaper than I paid for my 2017 MS90D.

$20,000 less than I paid for it in April! 😂
The week I received mine, the 100D came out for the same price. Ah well. (True, the diff wasn’t 20k but still a few k and on the same week of receipt.) It’s what I agreed to and felt it was worth at the time. I’m fine with paying less next time even if my current vehicle is worth less now. I still come out ahead with lower reg fees, taxes and insurance costs vs paying the higher price.

Why are you cross shopping a VW Jetta form factor?

1707453093661.png

Why are you cross shopping a VW Jetta form factor?

View attachment 1016767
There is a newer Taycan now (model year 2025, Porsche taking orders now for July delivery). More range, more power, bunch of improvements. Personally I am not switching, but for anyone cross shopping today, consider the new one (or the older one from current inventory at older/lower price and some dealer discount due to the refresh having just come out - of course given the number of possible options for a Taycan, way harder to find close to what you want than Tesla inventory cars - there are more options combinations for a Taycan than all Taycans ever made).

Take those numbers with a grain of salt. EPA claims the model 3 has more passenger volume than the model S. Anyone who's sat in both knows the model 3 feels a lot more cramped.
I don't believe anything I see online anymore, there is so much BS and marketing hype, we don't even watch news anymore in my house. (blocked on the cable box)

I may go drive one is I can park it next to my Model S and see if it is smallish. My neighbor told me was cramped inside, but I don't think he drove the newer updated one...

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe

Use Carsized instead. For its size, Taycan has a very cramped interior and the b-pillar makes ingress/egress difficult. The rear is kids only.
It’s bewilderingly cramped in the Taycan. Feels like a different class of car compared to the S.
I've had 4 Model S'es 2013-2018. I now have a 2023 Taycan CT today. I will tell you that the back seat is a lot more comfortable for adults than the Model S. I think it's the "foot garage" which provides the passengers on the back with significantly more legroom. My wife used to hate driving on the back of any of our Model S'es - she refused to go on any longer trips back there, but has no problems with the Taycan.

Overall, the trunk space is less - a bit narrower and less under trunk storage, but close enough for me. Here is a quick comparison picture.
1708258183359.png

Front seats I much prefer the Taycan - I have the 18-way seats which hold me nice and tight during spirited driving. I have not noticed any differences in ingress/egress due to the B-pillar.

I do end up using the funk more on the Taycan than I ever did on any of the Model S'es. It could be because I am not worried about creasing the hood, or maybe the keyless opening of the funk, not sure.

There are other things, like tech features, which I enjoy more in the Taycan than the Model S, but I'll stick to space in this comment.

I've had 4 Model S'es 2013-2018. I now have a 2023 Taycan CT today. I will tell you that the back seat is a lot more comfortable for adults than the Model S. I think it's the "foot garage" which provides the passengers on the back with significantly more legroom. My wife used to hate driving on the back of any of our Model S'es - she refused to go on any longer trips back there, but has no problems with the Taycan.

Overall, the trunk space is less - a bit narrower and less under trunk storage, but close enough for me. Here is a quick comparison picture.
View attachment 1019511

Front seats I much prefer the Taycan - I have the 18-way seats which hold me nice and tight during spirited driving. I have not noticed any differences in ingress/egress due to the B-pillar.

I do end up using the funk more on the Taycan than I ever did on any of the Model S'es. It could be because I am not worried about creasing the hood, or maybe the keyless opening of the funk, not sure.

There are other things, like tech features, which I enjoy more in the Taycan than the Model S, but I'll stick to space in this comment.
I think it’s important to highlight that you have the wagon version, - the Cross Turismo version as that might get lost in the text. Also I think the refresh Model S uses its space a little better than pre 2021+ cars. There’s no comparison in terms of space when you compare the regular Taycan sedan with the Model S.

For one example, at 6’5” I don’t have quite enough legroom in the Taycan sedan for driving. The seat needed to back just a hair for me to be truly comfy. No such issue on the S.