Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Model S vs. Plaid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's the same car with different motors, a spoiler, different brakes, different seats, and CF instead of wood.

The exact same car.

That was a rhetorical really.

When I read through a thread and answer a question that was answered previously mutliple times without first knowing it was answered, I use the delete option to remove my duplicate answer. You should consider doing this.

That was a rhetorical really.

When I read through a thread and answer a question that was answered previously mutliple times without first knowing it was answered, I use the delete option to remove my duplicate answer. You should consider doing this.
It seemed you were confused. Maybe next time use more clear indications like /s.

Obviously someone didn't know the Plaid seats had piping, so I don't see any reason to delete.

Edit: Seems you didn't know that, either.

It seemed you were confused. Maybe next time use more clear indications like /s.

Obviously someone didn't know the Plaid seats had piping, so I don't see any reason to delete.

I was confused, and then it was resolved later on in the thread. You then answered the question that was already answered and then didn't delete your duplicate response. You were then confused by the fact that my response to your duplicate response was rhetorical and facetious.

The P85 had that nice red piping on the seats. My Long range doesn't of course. The new Plaid seats are the same?

The new seats are so much more comfortable than the old ones from 2012.
1706117573130.png

Just around the edges, but still a small change from the LR seats.

Reactions: dsm363
Hello everyone! First post here on this forum and figured that it would be better to post in this thread vs create a new one that is very similar...

I'm looking at used Model S's and also trying to decide between a Standard or Plaid.
Some relevant details that are pertinent to the subject...
- I regularly make 250 mile one way trips ~40+ times a year, including Wisconsin winters
- I occasionally pull a small trailer (6.5x10 or 4x8 single axle)
- Looking at 2022-2023's that have the heat pump due to the above winter travel and distance
- I have level 2 charging available at each end of the 250 mile trips
- There are Tesla Super Chargers located at ~25% and ~75% of the trip
- I tend to keep vehicles a long time - have 400k on my current vehicle

I really would like to have ~500 miles of range, keep the charge between 20% and 80% and still have some reserve for things like heat, A/C, snow/rain, detours, battery degradation, etc and not have to stop at a charger every trip.

But with ~400 miles of range, keeping the charge between 15% and 85% and having a super charger at 25% and 75% of the trip, I'm rationalizing that I can make this work for most trips without stopping at a charger or significantly reduce the life of the battery. For the times that I do need to stop at a charger, the battery will have a minimum of 1 hour to condition, (typically 3 hours) and I should be able to charge for <10 minutes to get enough range to comfortably make it to my destination.

The EPA range is practically the same 396 vs 405, but practically is the Plaid just as efficient (or not?) as the standard when driving normally?
I've been reading and reading trying to educate myself - There's no practical reason to get a Plaid, but why not have the most powerful thing out there :)?

Hello everyone! First post here on this forum and figured that it would be better to post in this thread vs create a new one that is very similar...

I'm looking at used Model S's and also trying to decide between a Standard or Plaid.
- I regularly make 250 mile one way trips ~40+ times a year, including Wisconsin winters
- Looking at 2022-2023's that have the heat pump due to the above winter travel and distance

I really would like to have ~500 miles of range, keep the charge between 20% and 80% and still have some reserve for things like heat, A/C, snow/rain, detours, battery degradation, etc and not have to stop at a charger every trip.

But with ~400 miles of range, keeping the charge between 15% and 85% and having a super charger at 25% and 75% of the trip, I'm rationalizing that I can make this work for most trips without stopping at a charger or significantly reduce the life of the battery. For the times that I do need to stop at a charger, the battery will have a minimum of 1 hour to condition, (typically 3 hours) and I should be able to charge for <10 minutes to get enough range to comfortably make it to my destination.

The EPA range is practically the same 396 vs 405, but practically is the Plaid just as efficient (or not?) as the standard when driving normally?
I've been reading and reading trying to educate myself - There's no practical reason to get a Plaid, but why not have the most powerful thing out there :)?
Tax edition MXLR will run you $72K after the $7500 tax discount and it has a tow hitch already.....but you have to pick gray.

I think your biggest issue is the towing. You’re going to have to go to a MX I believe

Reactions: dsm363