Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, that is amazing! Can't believe they are delivering such high reservation numbers, this is great!

P.S., This is making me keep hitting refresh on my email...so much for my productivity of the next few weeks.

I e-mailed them last night wondering when I would get a date range

but instead of a response I got this 'canned' email about factory pickup this weekend WTF? ;>
I was just there + how am I supposed to get all my crap together that fast to have cash. The e-mail was at 12:00 midnight and said thursday(today!) through Sunday w/ many pickup times
come to me $$$ :biggrin:

Are folks generally lining up financing before or after you get the "car is ready" emails? When I talked to the bank a couple months ago, they said I had to have a VIN before anything could happen.
I got the finance approval a couple of months ago, maybe a couple of weeks after the 'time to build' e-mail
I do need to give the VIN to them, which Tesla hasn't sent me yet ( I requested it an hour ago)

I almost forgot the outdoor cover came last night, maybe it meant something.

update: Got my vin and they really want me to get the car off their lot this weekend! (as in they are running out of room from the looks of it ;> or there are many ready cars w/ out their masters that are lonely)

Last edited:
I got the same email last night right after midnight. No date range, no magic button. Someone from the delivery team is supposed to contact me tomorrow. There was nothing about a store event or pickup. I guess that means the car is ready to be put on the truck and sent up to Seattle (unless it's already here). How long do you suppose that will take?

I got the same email last night right after midnight. No date range, no magic button. Someone from the delivery team is supposed to contact me tomorrow. There was nothing about a store event or pickup. I guess that means the car is ready to be put on the truck and sent up to Seattle (unless it's already here). How long do you suppose that will take?

@DouglasR - What is your number?

My car will be at Dania Beach on Monday for sure. Of course I am out of town until Tuesday. I kew that would happen, but if I hadn't left town the car would definitely have been delayed :). The good news is that my DS will pick me up from the airport on Tuesday!

That is what I call service. My DS will be ...

... notably absent due to Texas Law. Hrmph .. I will finalize payment on P188 tomorrow and they can ship it as soon as they feel possible. We expect to see it next week.

Zextraterrestrial, Sublimaze, NapaBill, Robert.Boston, DouglasR, Aviators99, adurstewitz,... and all the deliveries-in-motion I missed: What a week! These are just really joyous days. Got get a car! Drive like mad and get back with stories and pictures to all the rest of us who just can't wait for that email. I see P numbers all around me in delivery. I see a Sig or three still patiently (?) awaiting receipt. I see a post from 14 days ago that it might take another month to finish the Sigs and R's and P's mat get pushed to 2013 - how times, they-are-a-rolling.

Enjoy. Tesla, send me an email. Plug me in, I wanna drive. P1079