Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seen a Production with grey interior ready for delivery posted yet, so here it is:

Got my "Your Model S is Ready for Delivery" email last night. Waiting on the call. Here's my configuration as a data point: 85kWh, Sequoia Green, Pano Roof, 19" Wheels, GREY Leather, Obeche Matte, Tech, Sound, Air Susp, Armor, and Twin Chargers. VIN # 1656, and I am P #1693. Numbers are pretty close in this case.

- - - Updated - - -

When folks say you've contacted your DS to get a VIN, where do you find that contact info? "My Tesla" doesn't indicate any contact for me.

@ckessel, I just replied to the "Your S is Ready" Tesla sent and asked for the VIN and if they accept personal checks (yes). They answered back in a few hours.

Last edited:
That is what I call service. My DS will be ...

... notably absent due to Texas Law. Hrmph .. I will finalize payment on P188 tomorrow and they can ship it as soon as they feel possible. We expect to see it next week.

I want to imagine he'll be there off in the distance and will look like this:

XvRjs.gif

- - - Updated - - -

When folks say you've contacted your DS to get a VIN, where do you find that contact info? "My Tesla" doesn't indicate any contact for me.

[email protected] is always the email address I use. They respond quickly on that one.

I just saw a post on the TM forum that indicated sequence P4060 was told he would have car by Christmas. I don't know if he was from CA or not, but that is certainly the highest P number I have seen in this recent bubble of delivery promises!

- - - Updated - - -

So I couldn't resist calling and inquiring, and was told that given my config (specifically 85kWh, non-perf, 19" wheels), I might well be receiving an email today or tomorrow, and 2012 delivery was more likely than 2013 delivery. All speculation, of course, but definitely different than just a few days ago, when 2013 was the most likely scenario.

That's P4996, people!!!! I think I have that "Other Tesla Grin" right now, even though it may well be premature!

Zex, what interior are you getting?

Lacewood w. black leather. Trying to scrap together the downpayment so I can get it Saturday maybe!

they are BUSTING ASS right now!! I've had e-mails from 3 DS's (within a couple of hours) and they really want to get rid of all the cars that were probably waiting on a part or whatever the case was
I think they will hit 5k cars out by 2013

Last edited:
I called Tesla this morning about an update and left a voicemail.

Got a call from Peter just now and he gave me my VIN. #1708 P#3385

Blue, non performance 85, pano roof, air suspension, piano black, TEXTILE seats.

My guess is they are building the earlier reservation holder by location to hit their delivered goals.

EXCITED

Odd. I just emailed Tesla requesting an update on my car.

LITERALLY 5 minutes later, I received notification to start delivery planning!

I think this has happened to a few other people. Maybe the squeaky wheels are getting the grease?

Anyway, for the record: P1577, Dolphin gray, 85 kWh Non-perf, Piano black, black leather, tech, sound, air suspension, 19" wheels.

I don't know VIN or delivery range yet. Will post when I have it.

Edit: My delivery date is Dec. 7-21. Guess I'll make year end as well.

Woo HOOOOOOO!!!!

Last edited:
Wow they must have built like every non 21 grey wheel + cf car out there while they were waiting for parts if they are getting to almost 5k already!
@Contaygious: Even though you are in CA and I'm in FLA, our configurations and sequence numbers are about as similar as they can be. Getting the email from Tesla today letting me know my price wont go up and they have all the information they need to build my car was the best news I've had in a while :) So... How about building my car and getting me my VIN then?? Are your 21's grey? Now it does seem like delivery location has a lot to do with it as well as config.

@Contaygious: Even though you are in CA and I'm in FLA, our configurations and sequence numbers are about as similar as they can be. Getting the email from Tesla today letting me know my price wont go up and they have all the information they need to build my car was the best news I've had in a while :) So... How about building my car and getting me my VIN then?? Are your 21's grey? Now it does seem like delivery location has a lot to do with it as well as config.

I have white, tan, cf, pano, air, tech, sound, 21 grey, spoiler. which is very close to yours.

I'm told it has no VIN so can't get an actual estimate yet.

I received the delivery email last night as shown below. This is so exciting!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DeliveryEmail.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my info:
* P1456
* VIN 1646
* 85 kWh Battery
* Pacific Blue
* Panoramic Roof
* 19" Wheels
* Tan Leather Interior
* Obeche Wood Gloss Décor
* Tech Package
* Sound Studio Package
* Active Air Suspension
* Parcel Shelf

No delivery window yet, but I am opting for the delivery party at the Bellevue store when they ask. I actually got the VIN a few days ago but it was requested that I keep quiet on it.