Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Floor model purchase is a Tesla scam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading enough threads about delivery issues, I figured I should add my 2 cents. I got a “great deal” on a 2016 floor model S that was considered a used vehicle by CA State standards as far as my knowledge, meaning that it already had a hundred miles on it when purchased and seller cannot modify anything about it when purchased (removing any hardware, or software features).
This was a 2016 model S P100D, and of course, being a floor model, included all the luxuries including FSD, Autopark/Autopilot, ludicrous, etc.
Starting 2 months after delivery where I was given the original Monroney label , I discovered some items had started to disappear with software updates, starting with the ludicrous mode option. Autopark then caused my vehicle to back into a covered parking garage cement wall at approx 1-2 mph, and Tesla service never was interested to open an engineering ticket to understand why. In the years that followed, autopilot/FSD/summons just continued to have more Beta releases… until finally now, 8 years later, still the original owner of the same car, I have not yet gotten any notices that these functions have ever been released other than test/Beta modes. Digging further into the vehicle history, there are 3 versions of documents, possibly even more, where Tesla states what options are supported or included with the vehicle, including:

1. original monroney delivered with the car,

2. original sales receipt, where options are described in a different wording/set of items than the monroney label to confuse the consumer, and finally,

3. the sales receipt that Tesla service will now supply to me, whenever I request it, which has the least amount of add-ons, unsuprisingly, as I read more about Tesla business practices.

Neither of these 3 documents match, and hence I will never purchase another Tesla again. So I’m not sure if my experience helps anyone else out, but Tesla has not taken any steps to understand or clarily this, which clearly communicates that they do not care about the customer. The car is now beyond it’s warranty, except for the last one which is the battery life, however, that is what I have learned are the Tesla business values to retain customers or provide service.

• Funny
Reactions: 6364Dart and ucmndd
You're only real grip is the Ludicrous that went missing. Start with filing a complaint to go to arbitration (check your sales agreement). You should have done this immediately. Doing it now will likely have less of a chance of succeeding.

You didn't mention any other missing features.

Autopark then caused my vehicle to back into a covered parking garage cement wall at approx 1-2 mph, and Tesla service never was interested to open an engineering ticket to understand why.

Backing into a wall at 1-2 mph with Autopark in 2016? Yeah, Tesla doesn't care about those failures and you were warned to carefully watch the cars movements and take over immediately if something fails. You could have and should have stopped the car before impact.

In the years that followed, autopilot/FSD/summons just continued to have more Beta releases… until finally now, 8 years later, still the original owner of the same car, I have not yet gotten any notices that these functions have ever been released other than test/Beta modes.

You're in the same boat as everyone else, so you'll get nowhere fast with that gripe. Pass the salve.

Reactions: Yelobird and ucmndd