Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have they finally fixed the Model S yet? Interested in 2024 plaid.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have any issues and the range is much more real than the 3’s range. I drove about 5 hours mostly above 70mph in 20 degree weather without charging the S LR. Also, the 0-60 in 2.9 is crazy fast for me and I would say lot of people.
Sure, and I don’t have any issues on my Plaid asides for the formentioned cold start vibrations. Your car also isn’t rated for 0-60 in 2.9. It’s officially rated for 3.1, and in real life most people get more like 3.3-3.4. No it’s not slow, but again, it just doesn’t give you the same rush as any of the Tesla performance models.

Reactions: phantasms
Sure, and I don’t have any issues on my Plaid asides for the formentioned cold start vibrations. Your car also isn’t rated for 0-60 in 2.9. It’s officially rated for 3.1, and in real life most people get more like 3.3-3.4. No it’s not slow, but again, it just doesn’t give you the same rush as any of the Tesla performance models.
How fast does model 3 performance go 0-60

But it is. I and tons of others have fixed the issue by lowering it. I lowered mine and it went away. I put new wheels on and one of the lowering links bushings went bad. I put the stock links back on for a few days while the new ones came in and the vibration came back. New links came in, vibration went away. Also, here is a snip-it right from Tesla on the issue. View attachment 1029226
I had my half shafts replaced. The vibration doesn’t go away at ANY ride height

It’s 3.1, but that’s not the point. The S LR is gimped pretty hard down low. The car makes up for it as the speed increases, but off the line it’s a bit lazy. The excitement just isn’t there. Even a model y performance (which is otherwise a trash car) feels more exciting in that regard.

I have '21 M3P, and have test driven the MSLR and MSP. Maybe the MSLR is slightly slower off the line, but it's for sure better at highway speeds. I'd trade the highway for off the line as the current M3P falls off hard after about 60MPH.

While 3.1 is 3.1 and plenty fast, neither compares to the plaid performance wise. When it comes time to order, I'm going for the MSLR. I don't like the CF interior bits and aside from the speed, the Plaid does not offer anything else value wise for the 15K premium.

I have '21 M3P, and have test driven the MSLR and MSP. Maybe the MSLR is slightly slower off the line, but it's for sure better at highway speeds. I'd trade the highway for off the line as the current M3P falls off hard after about 60MPH.

While 3.1 is 3.1 and plenty fast, neither compares to the plaid performance wise. When it comes time to order, I'm going for the MSLR. I don't like the CF interior bits and aside from the speed, the Plaid does not offer anything else value wise for the 15K premium.
That's why I back off getting a Plaid. In my town we have no highways to get around, so it's just one stop light to the next. Not a fun place to have a daily driver that's incredibly fast. Coming from a 2020 3P and I'm transferring my FSD and my wife's UFSC from her aging X, so I'm coming out of the deal with some great carry overs.

Reactions: TBrownTX