Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

new offer from tesla to transfer supercharging to 2024 model

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi ther i just got email from tesla service dep.that we can transfer free supercharging option from our older model s to the new model s,y or x 2024 not model 3 included.
so just wondering do yyou think it is worth it to spend more money for 2024 model and transfer from old model ssupercharging option.

only catch is that you have to take delivery of new tesla before December 31 ,2023 in order to transfer supercharging option from your old model s.
i like my old model s and not having 120 000 dollars for new 2024 model s at this time i will looks like miss this offer from tesla.

Reactions: pilotSteve
new update regarding this interesting transfer

tesla will transfer only free super charger option to the new vin number of 2023 but will not transfer free premium internet connection

you have to pay about 9.00 per monts or 90.00 per year if want internet on board

still considering buying new model y but its not easy to make decision

tesla will transfer only free super charger option to the new vin number of 2023 but will not transfer free premium internet connection

you have to pay about 9.00 per monts or 90.00 per year if want internet on board

Someone mentioned that they use their phone as a mobile hotspot and just have the car use its wifi. I haven't tried that but sounds like a better deal than the $9/month, if it works.

wow new update in canada is $15.00 per month premium internet connection about $190.00 per year

SORRY BUT I WILL STICK WITH MY MODEL S 2012 AND ENJOY FREE SUPERCHARGER AND FREE INTERNET PRE/MIUM CONNECTION FOR LIFE.

I KNOW THER WAS HIDEN STRING TO THIS DEAL.

7.21 PERCENT INTEREST RATE IS STILL TO HIGH.

NO THANK YOU T3SLA I WILL PASS AND WAIT SOME BETTER OFFER WHERE WE CAN TRANSFER SUPERCHARGER AND INTERNET FOR FREE FROM PREVIOUS MODEL S.

NOTE THEY REMOVED OPTION FOR SSD OR CCD SUPERCHARGING RETROFIT FOR2012 TO 2016 MODEL S.THAT IS NOT GOOD .MODEL S WHIC WAS OVER $100.00.DOLLARS CANT HAVE THAT OPTION TO SUPERCHARGE ON THE ONTER PROVIDERS FLO ,ETCD ETC ETC ETC......

I AM VERY upsetABOUT THAT TESLA DESICION AND SINCE SEPTEMBER 01 2023 THEY OPEN TESLA SUPERCHARGERS FOR COMPETITION vehicleS.

REALLY BAD MOVE TESLA HEAD OFFICE .

wow new update in canada is $15.00 per month premium internet connection about $190.00 per year

SORRY BUT I WILL STICK WITH MY MODEL S 2012 AND ENJOY FREE SUPERCHARGER AND FREE INTERNET PRE/MIUM CONNECTION FOR LIFE.

NO THANK YOU T3SLA I WILL PASS AND WAIT SOME BETTER OFFER WHERE WE CAN TRANSFER SUPERCHARGER AND INTERNET FOR FREE FROM PREVIOUS MODEL S.

NOTE THEY REMOVED OPTION FOR SSD OR CCD SUPERCHARGING RETROFIT FOR2012 TO 2016 MODEL S.THAT IS NOT GOOD .MODEL S WHIC WAS OVER $100.00.DOLLARS CANT HAVE THAT OPTION TO SUPERCHARGE ON THE ONTER PROVIDERS FLO ,ETCD ETC ETC ETC......

I AM VERY upsetABOUT THAT TESLA DESICION AND SINCE SEPTEMBER 01 2023 THEY OPEN TESLA SUPERCHARGERS FOR COMPETITION vehicleS.

I'm not sure all caps is necessary but I seriously doubt Tesla will ever offer free internet for life again. No reason to. I'm in the same boat you are likely with an older car even and will gladly take the supercharging transfer. Maybe they'll offer it again but maybe not.

I'm not sure all caps is necessary but I seriously doubt Tesla will ever offer free internet for life again. No reason to. I'm in the same boat you are likely with an older car even and will gladly take the supercharging transfer. Maybe they'll offer it again but maybe not.
LOL, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about 6 months ago and he said Tesla will never allow free supercharging on any vehicle ever and here we are.

LOL, I was having a discussion with a friend of mine about 6 months ago and he said Tesla will never allow free supercharging on any vehicle ever and here we are.
I can see Tesla bringing it back now and then as a sales incentive (free supercharging for a year maybe) but for lifetime of car? Doubtful. It's always possible of course but Tesla still hasn't offered free lifetime supercharging to any new car for years. This is simply a transfer from people who already had it.

I can see Tesla bringing it back now and then as a sales incentive (free supercharging for a year maybe) but for lifetime of car? Doubtful. It's always possible of course but Tesla still hasn't offered free lifetime supercharging to any new car for years. This is simply a transfer from people who already had it.
well, they did in 2020. Maybe again in 2024?

Reactions: teslexus

Don’t do drugs

well, they did in 2020. Maybe again in 2024?
It's always possible. Just wouldn't count on it. Even this time it's a very small window so if you're not ready to buy a new car, you miss out as well. But again, offering free lifetime supercharging for new cars is unlikely. I could see it for 4 years for Model S and X cars maybe.

The only reason it was offered originally was to give people confidence in the company that travel would be easy and cheap. They have no reason to do that for 8+ years on a new car. Yes, they can bring it back anytime and for any length they want. And if sales severely lag, they might. But I doubt on the Y or 3 ever. Maybe again on the S and X.

Last edited:
Reactions: teslexus
It's always possible. Just wouldn't count on it. Even this time it's a very small window so if you're not ready to buy a new car, you miss out as well. But again, offering free lifetime supercharging for new cars is unlikely. I could see it for 4 years for Model S and X cars maybe.

The only reason it was offered originally was to give people confidence in the company that travel would be easy and cheap. They have no reason to do that for 8+ years on a new car. Yes, they can bring it back anytime and for any length they want. And if sales severely lag, they might. But I doubt on the Y or 3 ever. Maybe again on the S and X.
The reason they offered FUSC on 2020 model S was because they wanted to clear inventory before the 2021 refresh

Reactions: de Vere and dsm363
Status
Not open for further replies.