Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self Drive (FSD) Transfer for Q2 2024 (US)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

GuyFromAz

2024 Model 3, AWD, Ultra-Red, White, FSD Transfer
Feb 8, 2024
Arizona
A few days ago, there were a few reports that Tesla brought back FSD Transfer for Q2 2024, including:
But on their website (https://www.tesla.com/support/fsd-transfer), they still just have the old dates (delivery by 03/31/2024).
Does anyone have any official notices? Seems like Sawyer Merritt Tweeted it out 5 days ago, a number of news outlets picked it up, but I'm not seeing any definitive source saying it's true.

Other than curious if this is real or just internet rumor, I currently have a FSD Transfer pending for a Model 3 White Interior, which they said they'd honor past the 03/31 date, but if they are indeed doing a Q2 transfer offer, I'd be highly interested in switching over to a Model 3 Ludicrous when they announce it. So trying to figure if that will or won't be an option (i.e. only gonna work if they are, indeed, offering a Q2 transfer.
screenshot-twitter.com-2024.04.09-16_42_31.png

I currently have a FSD Transfer pending for a Model 3 White Interior, which they said they'd honor past the 03/31 date, but if they are indeed doing a Q2 transfer offer, I'd be highly interested in switching over to a Model 3 Ludicrous when they announce it. So trying to figure if that will or won't be an option (i.e. only gonna work if they are, indeed, offering a Q2 transfer. View attachment 1037135
Have you asked your Tesla "advisor" (salesperson)? Or whoever you've been corresponding with at Tesla about your order?

Have you asked your Tesla "advisor" (salesperson)? Or whoever you've been corresponding with at Tesla about your order?
Yes, and they said for the current order it’s good to transfer since my initial delivery window was within the program. But my real question is if, when they start allowing orders on the Ludicrous, if I could switch and still FSD transfer. Clearly if a “new” order would qualify in Q2 then I could. So that’s what I’m trying to understand, if Tesla is truly offering Q2 orders the FSD transfer. News stories have said yes, but Teslas website has zero evidence of that being truth.
As this is really speculative information, Tesla SAs aren’t gonna know anything truthful, and will just give their opinions, masquerading as truth. I’m a realist about the info they provide.

The question is whether you’ll be happier with the Model 3 you ordered with “free” FSD or a Model 3 Ludicrous without it. If it’s the latter, then cancel your order and take your chances on the Ludicrous. No matter what anyone tells you now, even if the Ludicrous becomes available to order in Q2, there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to take delivery before July.

The question is whether you’ll be happier with the Model 3 you ordered with “free” FSD or a Model 3 Ludicrous without it. If it’s the latter, then cancel your order and take your chances on the Ludicrous. No matter what anyone tells you now, even if the Ludicrous becomes available to order in Q2, there’s no guarantee you’ll be able to take delivery before July.
Oh totally expect there’s zero chance for Q2 delivery of a Lucdicrous! But, if they honor transfer if order placed…. A bunch of Ifs, so that’s really what my question is about.
Love the products, but hate that Tesla is so mismanaged on their messaging.