Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Model 3 arrived to Australia damaged

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

First post, and new Tesla owner (almost)..

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia, and ordered a model 3 LR in November last year.

I finally got my delivery date and I have to say that the ordering process has not been great. Until the last couple of weeks communication has been poor, and my requests to manage the delivery date around a looming holiday have been responded to poorly.

As we got closer to delivery, things improved, but a day prior to delivery I have been advised that my car has arrived with some shipping damage (not structural, but not trivial).

My quandary now is that although I am fairly confident that the damage will be repaired to a decent standard, I will will still be taking delivery of a vehicle which is not "from factory" new.

The new (anticipated) delivery date is not ideal for me either.

I am considering refusing delivery and going back on the queue for another car.

I have to say that the Adelaide guys have been extremely helpful and are doing their best to accommodate me, but I have not been offered anything in compensation for additional costs I have incurred due to the late notice and delay.

Has anyone been in a similar position, and what did you do? How did it all work out?

Thioughts or suggestions?

Cheers, Dave

Hi,

While this is the model 3 subforum, and there is nothing wrong posting this question here, you might have better luck / get more appropriate feedback by discussing it in the Australia regional subforum.

We in the states dont wait as long for these cars in general as you do.

Hi All,

First post, and new Tesla owner (almost)..

I'm in Adelaide, South Australia, and ordered a model 3 LR in November last year.

I finally got my delivery date and I have to say that the ordering process has not been great. Until the last couple of weeks communication has been poor, and my requests to manage the delivery date around a looming holiday have been responded to poorly.

As we got closer to delivery, things improved, but a day prior to delivery I have been advised that my car has arrived with some shipping damage (not structural, but not trivial).

My quandary now is that although I am fairly confident that the damage will be repaired to a decent standard, I will will still be taking delivery of a vehicle which is not "from factory" new.

The new (anticipated) delivery date is not ideal for me either.

I am considering refusing delivery and going back on the queue for another car.

I have to say that the Adelaide guys have been extremely helpful and are doing their best to accommodate me, but I have not been offered anything in compensation for additional costs I have incurred due to the late notice and delay.

Has anyone been in a similar position, and what did you do? How did it all work out?

Thioughts or suggestions?

Cheers, Dave
It is not uncommon in the industry. It happened to me with a Toyota many years ago. The main issue is the delay to you taking home the car.

I would have a look at the South Australian inventory for a vehicle in the same spec as your's. There are 18 Highland long range vehicles listed. If there is a match (or close enough for you) ask Tesla if you could swap for the inventory listing.