Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 battery damaged replacement issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok I was driving down a uk country road early morning down a hill following someone and suddenly a large rock/ dry stone wall was in the middle of the road. The car in front went over it and it was there and then bumpy bumpy went over it. Got to work and all was ok then came hv charge error. I had booked the tez in for new tyres (rears one less than 8K applauding fronts 25K, so when completing 4 wheel alignment (all ok) took a few pics of the dents an smashed front aero cover.

So that was dec 12th. Contacted tesla and they conducted remote tests got it in for front aero replacement case pressure check and hv repair (nothing to do with the dents) cost £285 well chuffed quick service by Nottingham BUT the flip side they now say its now compromised so may not have warranty due to damage.

So insurance took over and approved tesla in Coventry took it on the 14th Feb so have a hire electric corsa thankfully as the new bat will be in even after waiting 2 months and the tes was ok and running until they flat bed picked it up.

Now 2 months later still no car its still sitting in the approved garage.
Firstly they had booked a replacement battery but then booked in with tesla to do it as they did not want 13K worth of battery and then mess with the old one. Then tesla cancelled is due to some politics. I got the app notification and cancel notification.

SO its been nearly 4 months and no sign of a new battery delivery date.
Seriously I am teslas customer and want them to do the replacement so does the insurer willing to pay up as they will honour the 8 year warranty. Or will they.

In my old BMW z4 it went to BMW as the indy did not want to touch it and sent it on. This seems bizarre the indy want main dealer to sort but main dealer does not want to touch it.
OK its not tesas fault I went over a rock but they should and must fix it.
If not the implications for ANYONE means its not a repairable car and as such not insurable, and if so no car can be on the road as no one can get insurance,

At them moment I will not be considering a EV as my next car, not the fact its been in or at home assistance 7 times in 2 years 8k miles tyre replacement on the rears, phantom brake several times, 2nd hand market on the floor, but the main concern is any damage /scratch on the underside battery case will cause issues with the warranty and a possible 13K bill for new pack if it geos.

I am just waiting. No wonder insurance premiums going up. No reason for the bill as its working just because it may be compromised and telsa is messing about or i may be missing something but insurance is paying for my hire car every day still put 1.0K miles on it and counting.

Last edited: