Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm a Production, and here's my story (Sublimaze1 - P188)

I'm a Production, and here's my story (Sublimaze1 - P188)

So, I figured it is getting closer now where I will (in the near future) be able to post some "goings-ons" regarding my car. I will be posting my progression, only since I am a relatively low P number and have had some recent action on the phone and email. So, for the Inaugural post of my one and only authored thread, here goes:

Blue Paint
    Pano Roof
    19" Wheels
    Tan Leather interior
    85kWh (non performance)
    Obeche
    Tech
    Rumble seats
    Acitve Air

Placed my order at 5:30 am, Central Time on 3/27/2009.

1299 days later, I have filled out my delivery questionnaire (sent by Armen) and received a phone call today from Matthew who is going to get me the VIN in 7-10 days (or so he says) to complete insurance, finance, etc.

I am sure there is a "P"roduction reservation holder here in the forum that is lower than I, and I certainly do not post this as a weak attempt to upset any Sig owners, Canadian owners, European owners, etc. in saying that I am getting mine earlier ... heck!, I may be weeks longer than I think.

But, again, just a chronicle of the next X weeks of my life: hope they are shorter than the first 1299 days.

Regards
    WJ
    McKinney Texas
    P188
    NEMA 14-50
    Last edited by sublimaze1; 2012-10-17 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Added "active air"

Well, you should be close to 1 month away. It seems they are getting all sigs out by nov 16 or 18 or so

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zextraterrestrial View Post
    Well, you should be close to 1 month away. It seems they are getting all sigs out by nov 16 or 18 or so
    Yeah, it sounds like they're able to get him his VIN because they are almost done producing the Sig bodies at this point. VINs as high as 650 are already on the production floor according to DrComputer. But there is now a backlog of undelivered vehicles that the delivery team is going to take a while to work through.

I'm curious what VIN you're going to get. I'm assuming it's going to be 1000+.

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Interesting -- good luck!

I'm surprised, because just yesterday I was told not to expect my VIN for at least 2-4 weeks more.

Quote Originally Posted by timdorr View Post
    I'm curious what VIN you're going to get. I'm assuming it's going to be 1000+.
    That creates a question for me, do the Canadian Sigs get VINs that are in sequence or do Canadians get their own style VINs?

I'm hoping that all the Sigs are done by the end of October (including the Canadians) and regular production begins in November.

Go Tesla go!

Blog Entries
    Canadian Sigs will be in the same sequence as American.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

I wonder how the Canadian Production sequence numbers fit in with the US numbers. I am #343 in Canada (non-Sig).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    So, I figured it is getting closer now where I will (in the near future) be able to post some "goings-ons" regarding my car. I will be posting my progression, only since I am a relatively low P number and have had some recent action on the phone and email. So, for the Inaugural post of my one and only authored thread, here goes:

Blue Paint
    Pano Roof
    19" Wheels
    Tan Leather interior
    85kWh (non performance)
    Obeche
    Tech
    Rumble seats

Placed my order at 5:30 am, Central Time on 3/27/2009.

1299 days later, I have filled out my delivery questionnaire (sent by Armen) and received a phone call today from Matthew who is going to get me the VIN in 7-10 days (or so he says) to complete insurance, finance, etc.

I am sure there is a "P"roduction reservation holder here in the forum that is lower than I, and I certainly do not post this as a weak attempt to upset any Sig owners, Canadian owners, European owners, etc. in saying that I am getting mine earlier ... heck!, I may be weeks longer than I think.

But, again, just a chronicle of the next X weeks of my life: hope they are shorter than the first 1299 days.

Regards
    WJ
    McKinney Texas
    P188
    NEMA 14-50
    Did you do something to trigger the process of getting your delivery questionaire and VIN? I'm a good 500 cars ahead of you (R77) and haven't heard a word other than 'November'. Please elaborate on that key missing element of your story. I'm in the midwest, so it wouldn't seem you should have gotten your stuff before me.
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    I wonder how the Canadian Production sequence numbers fit in with the US numbers. I am #343 in Canada (non-Sig).
    Well the Roadster VINs were simply in sequence with the American ones, so they'll probably do the same thing for the Model S.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by efusco View Post
    Did you do something to trigger the process of getting your delivery questionaire and VIN? I'm a good 500 cars ahead of you (R77) and haven't heard a word other than 'November'. Please elaborate on that key missing element of your story. I'm in the midwest, so it wouldn't seem you should have gotten your stuff before me.
    Evan, I think the theory that all 400-odd Rs will be produced before any Ps has been shot down on other threads in the recent past. R is no more than a designation for Roadster friends and family and the R sequence is effectively interleaved with the P sequence as per when the reservation was made - sublimaze made his reservation on 3/27/09 so, he's right up there with you. This would be the rough sequence (assuming the order was finalized within the 30-some-day window) in which the cars are being produced.
    Awaiting 85 kWh, Dual Motor AWD, Green, Pano Roof, Textile Seats, Piano Black trim, Tech Package with Autopilot, Dual Chargers, Subzero Package, Active Safety, Smart Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, ETA January 2015

VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, 28,343 miles, Delivered January 2013, RIP August, 2014

Thread Information