Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm a Production, and here's my story (Sublimaze1 - P188)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm convinced Tesla did something to change the programming logic on the cooling system over the winter. I don't remember any reports of A/C issues last year but they are all over this summer.

Did you stay around Baton Rouge last night?

Mike
(A) agreed
(B) Stayed at Marriott Courtyard LSU. 12 year old got a CP308 Pokeman Go thingy stuff ... whatever that is.

Made it to So Walton county. Having a cuba libre. Will have another

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
Kinda proud of it ....

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 133
Okay - so here is the final verdict:

The Model S is an aerodynamically dependent vehicle. I am losing 28-35% range with a roof top rack and a Yakima Skybox. I cannot get the consumption under 333wh/mi (that is my sweet spot for this car and my driving habits that gets me the closest to true range (range that agrees with the green numbers after you charge). I am living at 395 and 408 (east/west).

I don't think I will ever do this again - that is, with a rack or anything that jacks with the aero. I have driven dozens and dozens of times in Texas at Texas speeds with no rack and done just fine.

This is my thread and my opinion. Your mileage may vary. Batteries (are) included.
WJ

Damn storms. Had some hail, didn't do the damage I had anticipated (thankfully) - but

IMG_6599.JPG
IMG_6600.JPG

A decent sized branch blew across the road and removed the nose cone. After pulling over, and noticing the damage, I also noted that it had popped the side of the front fairing (left bumper, as it were) which necessitates the replacement of the entire part.

Went back to find the nose ... couldn't.

<sigh>

Damn storms. Had some hail, didn't do the damage I had anticipated (thankfully) - but

View attachment 223384 View attachment 223385

A decent sized branch blew across the road and removed the nose cone. After pulling over, and noticing the damage, I also noted that it had popped the side of the front fairing (left bumper, as it were) which necessitates the replacement of the entire part.

Went back to find the nose ... couldn't.

<sigh>
Ugh, that sucks.

So, I will have 100,000 miles on the odometer by the end of the month (or very early next). I will say that such distance has taken its toll on the unit as a whole (there are more sounds now, some of the things you would expect from this length of driving. Going to try to make it another 100,000 miles as a bridge to me selling my CONUS life and moving to the Caribbean.

I have seem to have failed locating the 100,000 miles thread, so if anyone has that link, that would be nice.

Still puttering through Texas in the golf cart ...

WJ

Reactions: youlikeadajuice