Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did notice the massive number of messages to your name, but you're still a data point! Despite your enthusiasm about TSLA, nothing yet has encouraged you yet to buy one of their vehicles. So I think this fills a gap in their offerings that many people will want filled.

Oh, I tried to get one, believe me. Test drove S and X, spent hours with the X trying to find a comfortable seating position. Just didn't work.
Truck (assuming Andre sized) will indeed fill an unserved portion of the fan base.

I do hope it is correct, but I personally don't see that something that supports 120 VAC to 400VDC @ 48a is guaranteed to support 48a in the opposite direction - generating AC. It's a very different circuit.

Actually, it can easily be the same inverter system. My off-grid 50 A 240 V solar system either charges my battery bank from AC generator, or provides AC power to the house from the batteries. Most solar inverters work this way.

Assuming CYBRTRCK will have a 72 or 80 A onboard charger, it is essentially free to provide a 14-50 and some 5-15/20 outlets.

Last edited:
I think the Plaid powertrain is the Pickup powertrain and the standard powertrain going into the S/X and Roadster. I keep going back to Elon's statement about the X being a Faberge Egg, ie expensive to build. Would a SUV version of the Cybertruck take the place the X? It would surely be cheaper to manufacture, higher gross profits, look futuristic and have the CT latest features.

As for the S, they could just replace the battery pack and keep the same body, which is most likely to happen.........................Or a new S will sharing its mechanicals with the Roadster will debut next year with production in 2021. Since we are all guessing.

If there is a "one more thing", it will be a SUV version of the truck.

While I agree on the need for a "Truck like SUV" I see Model X as being in a different category "City SUV".
The "City SUV" market is large, and very few of them go off road in rough terrain.

Model X is profitable and a "Halo car" for Tesla.... it was expensive to get right, but is now profitable..

Tesla actually does well in appealing to a large range of buyers with a very limited number of models..

I agree Cybertruck may share a new type of battery with he Plaid Models.... I see that battery eventually going into all Model S/X, but my hunch is Plaid will remain a variant, and they will large keep the existing body shape...

I loved our P85 and then our P85D, but was very turned off by the Model 3. My pickup, which I use to haul stuff, access off road areas for hunting and get around in the wilds of Montana and Wyoming, is about to turn 10 years old and I'll probably look into replacing it in the next few years. I can see a lot of benefits to an EV pickup, so I'll definitely be watching the reveal closely.

What I want to see is a pickup that is designed for the old school pickup market, not the urban truck owner who never goes off road and who uses the truck as a commuter vehicle. This means it has to be very good crawling around trails, in mud and snow, and have a very spacious bed. I don't care about 0-60 times, but I care a lot about how far I can drive it before having to recharge. I'd also like to see the truck be able to power all sorts of accessories, from winches to corded chainsaws. If it can do that, have a comfortable ride and a price of less than $50,000, I'm in.

If it's a truck designed for urban use, I'll be sticking with an F150 for my next truck.

Reactions: Creekstalker
The specs are great, the looks will take a bit of getting used to, breaking the glass was not ideal..

We will find out if people are buying specs, or the look.

Right on the money; Love my S, have never been a truck fan...First impression on design was not my cup of tea to say the least. Entry price point was awesome I think. Would have loved to see a glimpse of the interior