Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What If Tesla Announces Model 3 Tomorrow, Who Will Order?

Will you get the Model 3?

• I will get the Model 3 because I loved owning the Roadster

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • I will get the Model 3 because I loved owning the Model S

Votes: 75 26.6%
  • I will get the Model 3 because the Model S is way to high to be sensible

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • I will get the Model 3 to support Tesla as a company

Votes: 51 18.1%
  • I won't ge a Model 3 because I love my Model S and don't need another car

Votes: 34 12.1%
  • I won't get the Model 3 for another reason (state reason in post)

Votes: 22 7.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will get the model 3 when my other car Hyundai Elantra 2007 stops working (100,000 miles on it) or in 2020 which ever comes first, by then Model 3 would be AWD lot of cool features and little issues and bug fixed. So it would be nice to have the latest and greatest.

I almost certainly will end out getting a 3. I love the S and have driven a P85 for a few hundred miles, so that is a modestly well informed opinion. Were the S smaller I'd buy it now for a Florida car. Candidly I don't mind the price but I really do not like large cars. Despite that I'm seriously considering a S85D now. Too bad there is not a full blown 3 available now, sort of Evoque style (well equipped, I mean, not appearance or body type).

I won't be getting a Model 3 because I'm planning for the Model X to be my last car. We always keep cars for a long time anyway, and the MX should last longer than most!

That said, if something happened and we needed another vehicle, the Model 3 would be it, assuming, you know, lots of things...

I am looking forward to getting a Model 3 and would put a deposit down when possible.

On the other hand, Tesla is taking so long, that there is a chance some vehicle from another manufacturer could come out first that is attractive enough to get me to 'jump ship'.

A better looking, 180 mile range LEAF gen 2 could possibly get me to go there if it seems like Model 3 is still too far away.
(I currently drive a 1st gen LEAF and find the size perfect, and the amount of features / comfort / practicality seem just right to this price sensitive shopper.)
Will also look at what comes of the 200 mile range Chevy Bolt.

On the other, other hand, Tesla may keep me waiting due to these 'killer' features:
#1: Supercharging network. (Best charging solution)
#2: Performance/sporting capability. (Tesla has shown they do this right)
#3: Body styling. (They are leading here as well)

I will get the model 3 when my other car Hyundai Elantra 2007 stops working (100,000 miles on it) or in 2020 which ever comes first, by then Model 3 would be AWD lot of cool features and little issues and bug fixed. So it would be nice to have the latest and greatest.

hey hows the reliability issues so far on the elantra? thats pretty encouraging

I am looking forward to getting a Model 3 and would put a deposit down when possible.

On the other hand, Tesla is taking so long, that there is a chance some vehicle from another manufacturer could come out first that is attractive enough to get me to 'jump ship'.

A better looking, 180 mile range LEAF gen 2 could possibly get me to go there if it seems like Model 3 is still too far away.
(I currently drive a 1st gen LEAF and find the size perfect, and the amount of features / comfort / practicality seem just right to this price sensitive shopper.)
Will also look at what comes of the 200 mile range Chevy Bolt.

On the other, other hand, Tesla may keep me waiting due to these 'killer' features:
#1: Supercharging network. (Best charging solution)
#2: Performance/sporting capability. (Tesla has shown they do this right)
#3: Body styling. (They are leading here as well)

yea me too, except i would have trouble justifying a non-tesla ev because of the superchargers. and i'd never get a PHEV, altho if i have to, i'd get the volt.

until then, i'll enjoy my cheap ICE.

I can't vote because I'm undecided. I love my S and could certainly keep it for many years, but I missed out on autopilot which is the other great automobile innovation after going electric, and there are times I just don't feel like driving (heavy traffic, icy roads, tired, unfamiliar/confusing routes, etc.). I want to see the final product and what I could get on a trade-in before I make any decision.

Something else I want to do is help the rest of my family go electric. Currently, mom and sister drive '97 Odyssey which had its engine replaced a year ago, brother drives '02 Explorer, and dad drives '13 C-Max Energi. The Model 3 is very promising since it would be reasonably affordable with plenty of range and a great safety rating. The Odyssey especially concerns me considering its age and how outdated the safety standards must be by now.

I love my Model S, but will want the newer technology of the Model 3 when it arrives. In truth, the MS is bigger than I need or want. The Model 3 should be 'just right' if it is 20% smaller than my current car. I plan to have the Model 3 tricked out with every piece of tech available and will get the 400mile battery with a dual motor option (0-60mph in 2.4 seconds).