Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What If Tesla Announces Model 3 Tomorrow, Who Will Order?

Will you get the Model 3?

• I will get the Model 3 because I loved owning the Roadster

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • I will get the Model 3 because I loved owning the Model S

Votes: 75 26.6%
  • I will get the Model 3 because the Model S is way to high to be sensible

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • I will get the Model 3 to support Tesla as a company

Votes: 51 18.1%
  • I won't ge a Model 3 because I love my Model S and don't need another car

Votes: 34 12.1%
  • I won't get the Model 3 for another reason (state reason in post)

Votes: 22 7.8%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S is using EyeQ3 SoC from Mobileye for Autopilot features such as Traffic Sign Recognition. Mobileye has said that it currently recognizes 250 signs in 50 countries. By the end of the year, it is supposed to be 1000 signs in 100 countries. (Also, traffic lights will be added at some point this year.) See this video for more info.

Thanks for sharing that video. Very interesting stuff. I'm going to have to watch the rest of it as well. For anybody looking for insight into the path to further "auto-pilot" functionality, take a listen to what Professor Amnon Shashua has to say.

igotzzoom. I remember that I was quite exited when my dad told me about the BMW ActivE as it seemed like a nice car with a relativly big (32kwh) battery pack. So a bit less than half the range of the the Model S60 as the car was less efficient. I figured it was only a matter of time until they crammed a larger battery in the car, made it more efficient and worked on BMW Fast chargers (my idea back then of a tesla supercharger i guess)
BMW_ActiveE_DriveNow_Matthew_(2013-07-15_20.42.40).jpg

Should have seen my face when the car ended up looking like this and had a 30% smaller battery...
bmw_i3_2013_uncrashed.jpg

I realize I'm in the minority around here, but I don't object to the way the i3 looks. It's no Model S, mind you. I do think it looks better in person than it does in photos. Oh well, to each his own.

I agree. I'm more than happy with my Model S, but I find the i3 looks fairly normal in person. And I think it looks much better in a darker color, where it doesn't contrast so much with the black hood and other accents.

CosyVehicleImage.jpg