Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turdneau cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So we are talking EV’s then… ok. check out the Ford Lightning and then let me know how good the Tesla model is. the Ford was first to market and then Rivian and both have better Frunks. yes the wonderful Tesla engineers could even match it let alone beat it. and yes, the Ford does truck stuff too, because it is a truck. The Ct, not so much
Not wanting to encourage this type of behavior, but shouldn't you guys start a dedicated turdfrunk thread ... keep your theme going like diarrhea.

Reactions: Yelobird and evo9rs
Just take a good look at the Ford Lightning Frunk. It’s a real truck.
You are GETTING waaaay ahead of yourself. First let's see whether the space is being used for something MORE important like the steer by wire module and the "octopus valve." If they gave the "Cybertruck owners" all the space available then the engineers/Designers did well. If they could have made the frunk larger but just matched it to the lid as far as depth then the Designers did a complete fail on the frunk.
It is simple: The More secure storage space the better. So wait and see is the only "action" on whether the trunk was "designed" well.

Now I have seen three videos of the turdneau cover becoming an even bigger eyesore because unless you go completely Felix Unger about it then it is a dirt and leaf magnet.
It is even worse than I thought....

The technobois be like,
"I got this beautifully wrapped turd, but man I can't do anything with the largest flat plane on the whole vehicle. It looks bad when it is cleaned, but quickly looks like a floor mat outside the 7-11 after a couple of days. I just won't look at it."

You are GETTING waaaay ahead of yourself. First let's see whether the space is being used for something MORE important like the steer by wire module and the "octopus valve." If they gave the "Cybertruck owners" all the space available then the engineers/Designers did well. If they could have made the frunk larger but just matched it to the lid as far as depth then the Designers did a complete fail on the frunk.
It is simple: The More secure storage space the better. So wait and see is the only "action" on whether the trunk was "designed" well.
Maybe you’re confused. I’m saying the Ford Frunk is Hugh and usable. The Ct…. Not designed well, to small and basically useless.

Maybe you’re confused. I’m saying the Ford Frunk is Hugh and usable. The Ct…. Not designed well, to small and basically useless.
OK, one more time. The Cyberturd's frunk does appear to be small. And that is not really ideal. BUT if the "Designers/engineers" of the Cyberturd had to make it that small because that is all the room that wasn't being taken up by all the mechanical stuff under the hood then I can fully understand and appreciate the smallness of the cyberfrunk. However it still should have had an electric plug available.

SO? You getting mighty friendly with that Frunk? You gave it a name? Hugh?

I believe that originally the Funk was designed to be larger, but in the final cut the nose was shortened to make fitting into a garage and parallel parking spaces easier. This also provided additional pedestrian safety and aerodynamics. The smaller frunk was offset by the the additional benefits. The new frunk also works as a rain/sun protected seating area.
Tesla works hard to make their frunks as large and useful as possible, but other issues are considered as well.
With the huge protected rear bed being so large, the frunk is less critical.
End result is that the CyberTruck is shorter overall than competitive full two row seating plus full sized beds. Fits into garages where others need to be parked outside.

That sharp little nose is my personally favorite design feature of the CT. I think it just looks so cool although reviews say that the visibility still isn't very good.

I like frunks, but I wouldn't add 18" of length to gain more of one.

I believe that originally the Funk was designed to be larger, but in the final cut the nose was shortened to make fitting into a garage and parallel parking spaces easier. This also provided additional pedestrian safety and aerodynamics. The smaller frunk was offset by the the additional benefits. The new frunk also works as a rain/sun protected seating area.
Tesla works hard to make their frunks as large and useful as possible, but other issues are considered as well.
With the huge protected rear bed being so large, the frunk is less critical.
End result is that the CyberTruck is shorter overall than competitive full two row seating plus full sized beds. Fits into garages where others need to be parked outside.
So…. Tesla in order to fit the CT in the garage had to make the Frunk usable? Got it. Ok.