Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

You can not dispute errors- because it’s always in Teslas favor .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I recently purchased two cars in Mid December ,

1. 2016 Model S P90D with Ludicrous + mode
this was trucked to me by open car carrier over aeveral days and was shuffled multiple times.
and one day later a

2. 2023 Model X long range . This delivered over multiple days by a much more careful driver in an enclosed trailer .

I have put a whopping 1500 miles on the model S. Sped on occasion , on occasion heavy braking , multiple lane changes with no one around when I had to take an exit that I almost missed . And I’ve driven the car quite a bit at night after 10 PM.

I have a 93 rating in that car and I’ve even let a girl drive it who has never driven a Tesla before, and she has set off the early collision warning more than once as she is a hard braker. And she doesn’t always buckle her seat belt before driving.

The Model X arrived by enclosed transporter . The transporter guy was extremely careful and took about 20 minutes to extract the car from his trailer, he had to climb in and out of the window multiple times. Checking very carefully as he backed it out with only 2 inches of clearance on either side. The car was sort of freaking out because it was in such close quarters.. And of course because the guy had to jump in and out no less than 10 or 15 times. Every time he lifts his butt off the seat the car freaks out and stops moving and of course he’s not wearing the seatbelt for any of this because why would he?

I drove the car once to charge And I drove it once to sleep in it, and I tried sleeping in it, several other nights without moving the car because I was hearing weird noises from the climate control and want to document them .

The model X has ONLY been driven 58 miles once to a charger and once to a state park and back , never once did I set off any alarms, come too close to anybody, swerve, etc.

And yet now the Model X has a safety score of 78! It shows several forward collision warnings, hard braking 3 times one night of late night driving to charge . And three instances of unbuckled driving and mostly I’m just trying to adjust it in my parking space to get it away from the sprinklers..

Now, Tesla wants to ramp up my insurance costs.

I guess I can expect this from Tesla. Completely erratic decisions, and no way for you to defend yourself as a customer.

I’ve been ripped off by Tesla so many different ways over the years

And now they found a new way no way to dispute this “ they have an implemented any dispute process yet” said the service center.

Why the - - - - , would you dare to open an insurance company and not offer any sort of resolution for mistakes for your customers?

Why can’t Tesla just be normal for once in their life and treat customers with dignity and respect , instead of ignoring them, being unavailable by phone, and basically treating us like dirt.

Amazed that Tesla has found yet another way to screw their own customers. And yet after being screwed over so many ways - I am supposed to be the stupid one ?

I really liked Elon, but now I don’t think he’s as cool since he tried to BS us with that cyber truck, pulling a 911 stunt, claiming that the cyber truck was faster in the quarter-mile when it was just demonstrably proven that he was lying. This cyber truck was only ahead halfway through the race, and definitely would’ve lost the end of the race. Y’know it’s a fast enough amazing enough truck that you don’t have to lie about it

If you’re the richest guy in the world, why do you have to do these things to people?

Elon, if you’re out there, talk to me. I promise I’ll make it worth your while financially for your company because I’ve got a lot of good ideas but you’ve got to start making your company treat customers properly and offer resolution for others that are screwed. I can count on one hand how many service advisors were nice professionally courteous and effective at their job handing back cars that were ACTUALLY repaired and I have encountered at least 25-60 of them at over 10 different service centers .

There are no cars like Teslas , but the systems set in place to support these cars are inexcusable for a company that is 12 years old and so overly capitalized in comparison to the rest of the AUTOMOBILE industry.

Elon I dare you to call me , you are a likable CEO who is overworked but I can tell you without feedback loops effectively installed problems manifest quickly that could be avoided . If anyone knows Elon personally forward this to him . I would tweet him but probably it would be lost in the noise .

John Gilmour 347-263-7238

Last edited:
Reactions: drdumont
So I recently purchased two cars in Mid December ,

1. 2016 Model S P90D with Ludicrous + mode
this was trucked to me by open car carrier over aeveral days and was shuffled multiple times.
and one day later a

2. 2023 Model X long range . This delivered over multiple days by a much more careful driver in an enclosed trailer .
<MAJOR snip for brevity>
Your points are spot on. I would really like to hear more of this...

The two times in four years I have had a beef with Tesla have been dead ends -

--- You promised me my car today, where is it? "Ummm... well, there's been a delay"...
Rinse and repeat for a week. Admittedly I'm in a no purchase state and this was four years ago. My subsequent two purchases during
the height of the Covid nonsense went through flawlessly, one was even two weeks early!
--- Over 200 attempts to debit me $15K for FSD, all occurring in less than a half hour - "We have no record of that"
Fortunately BofA didn't charge me for the bounced charges.

The lore is that Elon reads and responds to messages on X, now remember, I said "lore". So I'd like to see how this story unfolds.