Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber(nota)truck even more Not a truck than I first thought

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of these Trails only require a AWD Crossover.
AWD crossovers can be much more capable than trucks.

I saw a wrangler Rubicon on the other day with 34” tires on 24” rims. A Subaru/Rav4/…. On appropriate (small) rims with all seasons would run circles around it on most off road situations.

Tires and rims are the #1 factor off road.

Reactions: jebinc
I was thinking 35s with 18 inch rims.
Good choice. Rules of thumb for off road (and track cars) is run the smallest rims that will fit over the brakes. For anything you will off road or overland rim diameter should be at most ~1/2 the tire outer diameter. I know a ton of guys that run 17’s with 33-34’s and 18’s with 35+. For the OEM 20’s on the CT should be on more like 40’s.

Haven’t switched back yet as it is still snowing. From last summer a picture my LX570. 17” rims 34” tires.

Attachments

• IMG_1529.jpeg
    IMG_1529.jpeg
    795.3 KB · Views: 6
What is that?
Bullet Tough is a take off on Fords "Ford Tough" advertising slogan. Ford had to do something when they changed over their truck bed from steel to aluminum. Ford called it "Military Grade" aluminum (what ever that is) but reality is that those "Ford Tough!" beds could not withstand what an ordinary steel bed could.
Overall the CyberTruck is pretty tough. The stainless exterior takes way more punishment that the ordinary steel used in a F-150.

I do not need to hear from Cyber(NOTA)truck owners or those that are still defending this shard of stainless shite as what Elon/Tesla stated those of us that put down our deposits would get... I am not here complaining about Tesla. Actually quite the opposite from my position.
The last few days I am feeling a bit more positive about the phone call I may get in a couple of years about taking delivery of "my cyber(NOTA)truck because so much is wrong with it, or can and should be "improved."
Originally, back what? five yrs ago?, I tried to time my order so I would be roughly the 100,000 to 150,000 person in line. I wanted one, but I figured there would be some bugs in it, and they'd improve them within the first 2 years. But I think I am around the 500,000. When I found out I was a little depressed but accepted my lot in life... literally as well.
Now I think my misfortune Amy be fortune.
The only issue is how many of the 450,000 deposit holders are going to pass on getting the shard so my number comes up sooner than Tesla morphs the Cyber(NOTA)truck into a decent vehicle.

I do not need to hear from Cyber(NOTA)truck owners or those that are still defending this shard of stainless shite as what Elon/Tesla stated those of us that put down our deposits would get... I am not here complaining about Tesla. Actually quite the opposite from my position.
The last few days I am feeling a bit more positive about the phone call I may get in a couple of years about taking delivery of "my cyber(NOTA)truck because so much is wrong with it, or can and should be "improved."
Originally, back what? five yrs ago?, I tried to time my order so I would be roughly the 100,000 to 150,000 person in line. I wanted one, but I figured there would be some bugs in it, and they'd improve them within the first 2 years. But I think I am around the 500,000. When I found out I was a little depressed but accepted my lot in life... literally as well.
Now I think my misfortune Amy be fortune.
The only issue is how many of the 450,000 deposit holders are going to pass on getting the shard so my number comes up sooner than Tesla morphs the Cyber(NOTA)truck into a decent vehicle.

So what do you feel are the problems with it?
How much is that different from your current Tesla?

And don't start with 500 mile range, because that was never promised and only indicated on the 3 motor variant. And how many manufacturers have gotten early protype specs correct? Or for that matter ever shown a prototype that makes it to the market.

Tesla is fixing any issues with the vehicle, just like they've done with all of their vehicles. My Model 3 didn't have rear heated seats when I got it, a few months later thy got enabled.

Most people who have received theirs are excessively satisfied with theirs. Of course if you are following Social Media, all you hear is issues. That's because Social Media doesn't generate clicks/money on things that work.

If you do not feel that the truck meets your desires or needs, at introduction, it is a fully refundable deposit.

So what do you feel are the problems with it?
How much is that different from your current Tesla?

And don't start with 500 mile range, because that was never promised and only indicated on the 3 motor variant. And how many manufacturers have gotten early protype specs correct? Or for that matter ever shown a prototype that makes it to the market.

Tesla is fixing any issues with the vehicle, just like they've done with all of their vehicles. My Model 3 didn't have rear heated seats when I got it, a few months later thy got enabled.

Most people who have received theirs are excessively satisfied with theirs. Of course if you are following Social Media, all you hear is issues. That's because Social Media doesn't generate clicks/money on things that work.

If you do not feel that the truck meets your desires or needs, at introduction, it is a fully refundable deposit.
LOL... I never mentioned other manufacturers or their products...
Tesla/Elon had another TWO years during COVID to get the vehicle (not a truck) so it could be "close" to what he touted. And the "Founder's Edition" isn't close, even when it costs considerably more. The vehicle they have now? It spec's out at the initial vehicle I put a deposit on..at $40,000.
Ya know... "when" Tesla gets around to making the $40k one-motor I put a deposit on I think I will buy it.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
LOL... I never mentioned other manufacturers or their products...
Tesla/Elon had another TWO years during COVID to get the vehicle (not a truck) so it could be "close" to what he touted. And the "Founder's Edition" isn't close, even when it costs considerably more. The vehicle they have now? It spec's out at the initial vehicle I put a deposit on..at $40,000.
Ya know... "when" Tesla gets around to making the $40k one-motor I put a deposit on I think I will buy it.

NO ONE had time during Covid to do anything. Everyone was panicing just to keep existing products running. Tesla was one of the few that didn't remove features because of parts shortages.

It costs more. Have you looked at the prices of every other automobile, meal, grocery? Everything costs more.

You really are fooling yourself if you think that you are going to get ANYTHING at 2020 prices.
I'm not really sure "not a truck" means. What's your definition of a truck?
And I'm assuming that 250-mile range is good for you, as that's what the 2020 estimates were.

By the way, it appears that the AWD came pretty close to it's specs except for the (as everything else) price.

1713306227216.png

What do you want out of this forum? Just a place to bitch at? Or would you like for it to be a productive experience?

Reactions: vcor and Yelobird
NO ONE had time during Covid to do anything. Everyone was panicing just to keep existing products running. Tesla was one of the few that didn't remove features because of parts shortages.

It costs more. Have you looked at the prices of every other automobile, meal, grocery? Everything costs more.

You really are fooling yourself if you think that you are going to get ANYTHING at 2020 prices.
I'm not really sure "not a truck" means. What's your definition of a truck?
And I'm assuming that 250-mile range is good for you, as that's what the 2020 estimates were.

By the way, it appears that the AWD came pretty close to it's specs except for the (as everything else) price.

View attachment 1039122

What do you want out of this forum? Just a place to bitch at? Or would you like for it to be a productive experience?
Aaah, they removed radar units from vehicles and reduced AP down to 75 mph from 90 mph because vision only couldn’t handle it ….much later they increased the speed limit back up but never to the original 90 mph

Tesla also cut lumbar support parts and USS later on…. But radar unit removal was during peak covid supply chain crunch

Bullet Tough is a take off on Fords "Ford Tough" advertising slogan. Ford had to do something when they changed over their truck bed from steel to aluminum. Ford called it "Military Grade" aluminum (what ever that is) but reality is that those "Ford Tough!" beds could not withstand what an ordinary steel bed could.
Overall the CyberTruck is pretty tough. The stainless exterior takes way more punishment that the ordinary steel used in a F-150.
This comment won’t age well.

Hint… remove the blinders dude.

Aaah, they removed radar units from vehicles and reduced AP down to 75 mph from 90 mph because vision only couldn’t handle it ….much later they increased the speed limit back up but never to the original 90 mph

Tesla also cut lumbar support parts and USS later on…. But radar unit removal was during peak covid supply chain crunch

They didn't remove the radar because of Covid.

Reactions: Yelobird
noooooooooo .... absolutely not. just cutting out a part which was in very short supply due to issues at continental while saving $$ .....

Any proof? Or just conspiracy theories?

They removed it because the weren't needing it. And specifically, using it was problematic. It took CPU to process the information and then decisions had to be made over which one to trust.

But yes, you are right, Tesla increased the number eventually after proving its reliability. So they were correct, IT WASN'T NEEDED.

Reactions: Yelobird