Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turdneau cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That lockable cover might be a favorite part of the CT actually. A secure storage space is pretty valuable, which is why I just added a $4.5K camper shell to my Ford truck.

Anyways, OP's posts' seem highly personal.
The frunk is THE trunk. Which does just what you want. But the bed of the cybertruck isn't even waterproof. And as far as anyone knows can't be made waterproof with that atrocious rolltop. You can NOT store anything in it that you can't leave in the backyard under the trees.

Seems like OP is making up problems that don't exist. Biggest complaint we hear from traditional Pickup owners is the lack of a lockable bed. Thieves can easily reach in and swipe anything that is there. The Cybertruck elegantly provides a solution with a secure locking toneau that quickly folds out of sight when not wanted.This is a first effort by Tesla, and like most of their features, it most likely will get better over time.
Elon has stated that the Cybertruck will not be the solution for many, but for others it will be a breath of fresh air in the truck world.All toneaus that provide protection tend to be heavy. The light weight canvas ones really provide no theft protection.
On the other hand, the still 9 years old part of Elon's brain will probably chuckle at the turd allusion. He will send him a fart right back while chuckling quietly to himself.
Everyone agrees that it is heavy, but it is the nature of truck things to be relatively heavy. The tailgate is heavy, but can be lifted with just a couple fingers. Anyone with a bad back knows just how hard it is to close a standard tailgate.
Tesla's Tambu slotted toneau cover is far better executed than a similar design from its competitor Rivian. Tesla's opens and closes smoother and more quickly. The in bed lighting is better and tie down rails are a plus as well. A couple people can walk on the toneau, opening up a whole new world of handiness.
The cyberturd does elegantly provide a space to store equipment. Not in the bed/Vault/trunk, but in the frunk. There ain't a dang thing elegant about a loud, clanky. leaking rolltop hinged cover.

Reactions: TessP100D
I think it’s an absurd vehicle (maybe the ultimate soccer mom vehicle!)…but you sure are spending a lot of cycles on something you hate. Would it not be more enjoyable to focus on something you enjoy?
Trolls enjoy being trolls. Venting their hatred for this truck makes them happy. These keyboard warriors fortunately never leave their house, so they won't actually comment negatively to my "turd" in person. Talking is easy behind a screen.

Trolls enjoy being trolls. Venting their hatred for this truck makes them happy. These keyboard warriors fortunately never leave their house, so they won't actually comment negatively to my "turd" in person. Talking is easy behind a screen.
I enjoy a good, even heated, debate as much as the next person…but this is more like screaming into the void. I don’t think these posts really influence anyone. I guess venting here on TMC doesn’t harm anyone either though so it’s better than going postal!

I enjoy a good, even heated, debate as much as the next person…but this is more like screaming into the void. I don’t think these posts really influence anyone. I guess venting here on TMC doesn’t harm anyone either though so it’s better than going postal!
It is the society we live in right now. Everyone feels that their opinions matter, even if it is hurtful towards other people. It is why I quit all social media, but you can't escape it unless you avoid the Internet all together.

It is the society we live in right now. Everyone feels that their opinions matter, even if it is hurtful towards other people. It is why I quit all social media, but you can't escape it unless you avoid the Internet all together.
Yup. Can you imagine such hatred filled vitriolic discussions happening at Starbucks? Without actual skin in the game, trolls show themselves online. It's their nature.

Yup. Can you imagine such hatred filled vitriolic discussions happening at Starbucks? Without actual skin in the game, trolls show themselves online. It's their nature.
People bash on Tesla all the time online and say what crappy cars they are. I have never experienced that in real life. In fact, it has only been positive in the real world. So either these people never leave their house or they don't have the guts to tell their opinions to a person face to face.

I know what the truck is. What I am trying to correct is just the lies that influencers for Tesla and fanbois ad nauseum keep pretending isn't the issue.
Tesla failed on every metric. They stated they would deliver something, and then delivered a whole different vehicle. The only thing that is the same is that it has 4 tires.

The cyberturd does elegantly provide a space to store equipment. Not in the bed/Vault/trunk, but in the frunk. There ain't a dang thing elegant about a loud, clanky. leaking rolltop hinged cover.

Dang, you seem so offended!

I store much larger things that need to be kept secure than would ever fit in any frunk, primarily a $12K mountain bike.

No bed cover is waterproof, not even my new top of the line camper shell is waterproof. I'd call it, water resistant but every trip through the car wash leaves a lake in the back.

That entire roll up contraption likely weighs less 150#s and the aero gain provided more range increase than the weight cost, or it wouldn't be there.

Maybe it rattles, I don't know. I haven't heard that in any reviews but then I've never encountered a Tesla that was exactly a 'vault'.

But seriously, why are you so wound up?

Reactions: Cal1
8f0ydn.jpg

And the Frunk is ridiculously small. What a complete fail there.

It brings up an interesting point, which is: what happened to all of the real estate on the CT?

The battery back isn't very large, and there isn't room to add more in the traditional location as evidenced by the add on pack going in to the bed. The frunk is small.

It would appear that a lot of compromises were made to accommodate the unusual shape.

A large frunk on an EV trunk is one of the most appealing features, imo.

I don't even engage people anymore when they start Tesla this, and Tesla that, Tesla recall etc, it's a waste of time dealing with "Sheepeople".

I just want to ask them - do you have CT, S?, Y? 3? Can you even spell EV? Do you have a pickup?

If not, STFU, your perspective is lower than the YouTube whores ... it means little to nothing, hell many of the posters here and on Youtube don't even have a CT, or even a pickup, they are "borrowing" someone else's truck or someone else's experience, not their own. It's similar to telling people they know everything about good sex, when they are still a virgin, near zero relevant perspective in my mind.

One of my biggest bashers of my Tesla(s) has been a family friend who just got a newish Jeep Gladiator, he just got a new job (it seems to be an annual occurence) in DC having to drive about 120 miles roundtrip daily, and suddenly realizes that his commute will be unbearable in the Jeep, which he is paying over $800 a month for, then add in gas, he did the math on the Y with rebate etc and called me all proud that he figured it out financially, that its cheaper, to acquire the Y, take the loss on his brand new Jeep to get a Tesla. He also has free charging at work and more stress free in a Model Y...... it took him 12 years to figure it out, while I quietly listened to his vapid rants for years. He's slow but he finally figured it out. Bless his heart.

The OP is screaming for help, he must be shorted on TSLA or is an institution and Nurse Ratched missed his meds last night. I believe in free speech even for the mentally challenged who live in Brevard County, I hope he gets some help. I am not actually offended by him, just worried.
It brings up an interesting point, which is: what happened to all of the real estate on the CT?

The battery back isn't very large, and there isn't room to add more in the traditional location as evidenced by the add on pack going in to the bed. The frunk is small.

It would appear that a lot of compromises were made to accommodate the unusual shape.

A large frunk on an EV trunk is one of the most appealing features, imo.
My frunk in my S is a junk storage area, Tesla charging kit, pump/tire kit, umbrella, flares, and window cleaning stuff, and I might open it once a month, same with our X, Tesla charging kit, air pump/tire repair kit, couple of flares, and a battery jump kit. For the weirdos that want to sleep in the vault, they have enough room to put their nine year old in the frunk.

And the Frunk is ridiculously small. What a complete fail there.
Agreed it is very small.
But when someone finally gets their Cyberturd (Poking SANDY here) They'll finally show us that behind the small frunk is all the guts of the Cyberturd so the frunk was all the space they had for it without making a long hood. And I'd call that engineering decision a very good one.
Now let's cross our fingers that I am right, because if they could have bumped that back wall further back, and maximized the frunk space significantly...
Well then I'll just reiterate how piss poor the design of the Cyberturd really is.

Agreed it is very small.
But when someone finally gets their Cyberturd (Poking SANDY here) They'll finally show us that behind the small frunk is all the guts of the Cyberturd so the frunk was all the space they had for it without making a long hood. And I'd call that engineering decision a very good one.
Now let's cross our fingers that I am right, because if they could have bumped that back wall further back, and maximized the frunk space significantly...
Well then I'll just reiterate how piss poor the design of the Cyberturd really is.
Just take a good look at the Ford Lightning Frunk. It’s a real truck.

Reactions: FLRifleman
Yeah, a frunk has always been the definition of a “truck” lol. You guys sure get boring.
So we are talking EV’s then… ok. check out the Ford Lightning and then let me know how good the Tesla model is. the Ford was first to market and then Rivian and both have better Frunks. yes the wonderful Tesla engineers could even match it let alone beat it. and yes, the Ford does truck stuff too, because it is a truck. The Ct, not so much