Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Autopilot Full Self Driving Month Trial April 2024. Pretty Good!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my free 1 month trial today of Tesla FSD 12.3.2.1 on my 2023 MX LR with AP HW4.
I currently have EAP but previously had a 3 month trial of an older spec FSD.
Tried it local and highway so far with a bunch of trips today in the dry and rain.

IMHO. Its like my 15-16yo kid driving. Pretty good! Pretty safe! Far less errors than my prior FSD trial.
Prior FSD trial was 98% accurate but I always intervened once or twice a trip.
Current FSD has so far been >99% accurate. Ive only intervened once after several trips.

I dont like:
Hitting potholes here in Chicago.
Stopping 4 feet from stop sign and creeping and stopping again.
Waiting for really large gap to merge onto highway.
Doesnt always achieve max speed that i set depending on conditions.

None of the above are killer. Just annoyed like watching my teenage kids drive.
Most importantly it was safe. Finally FSD!

I tried my free FSD trial for the first time today on my 2024 MX LR. Having never used anything other than standard Autopilot (former 2019 M3 owner), I was honestly shocked how well it worked. It drove from my home to my parents home (about a 40 minute drive, no highways) without me ever having to take over. Agree that stop signs were the most uncomfortable part if there was a car behind me. Question - Is it possible to have the FSD visualization on the main center screen versus only the smaller driver side screen?

Reactions: singleview
I got the free FSD trial!

Late last night I was notified of a software update. I updated the car's software to 2024.3.10 following the download. Then I got an email from Tesla saying that it had granted me FSD for 30 days trial. It also added Summon to my phone's app.

Wow! I'm excited to give this a whirl.

2022 Model 3 Performance

Got the 30 day, and it is amazing tech, but ultimately useless in a city. The car thinks like a computer, not a human, and that’s the problem (Musk observation somewhere there lol). It creates issues around you with other drivers, is erratic in decision making (due to the human based interactions around it), and always seems to be going 5 mph slower than everyone else.

Again, amazing tech, but not very useful and I would never pay extra for it.

Try updating the app.
I updated my app a couple days prior to the free FSD update.
When the software updated, the Summons appeared on my app, magically.
"Summon" is located on the app just below "Location" and just above "Schedule".

2022 Model 3 Performance
It appears for our MYLR but not the Performance…I have a tire rotation scheduled for Tuesday so will bring it up then if it’s not there still

But after a text via Tesla app, seems like a firmware update still being worked on...

Last edited:
Got the free trial and drove Greensboro to Hillsboro. I just don’t see the appeal as I feel like other reviewers that it is like a new driver and I get impatient. It was very accurate however. One thing, it would switch lanes to pass but never returned to the original lane. I had to use the blinker to force a lane change. So it does work which is quite remarkable but I still prefer to drive with TACC and lane keep. I’ll continue to use it for a month and maybe I’ll change my mind. But $12000, that’s a hard sell.

Got the free trial and drove Greensboro to Hillsboro. I just don’t see the appeal as I feel like other reviewers that it is like a new driver and I get impatient. It was very accurate however. One thing, it would switch lanes to pass but never returned to the original lane.
It will change lanes back if there is someone coming up behind you. It has always behaved that way, not what I would prefer, but it does work.

It appears for our MYLR but not the Performance…I have a tire rotation scheduled for Tuesday so will bring it up then if it’s not there still

But after a text via Tesla app, seems like a firmware update still being worked on...
I read somewhere that Summons is only working for cars with ultrasonic sensors ... so your older car will have it, newer one may not.

Reactions: Zer0Her0
I've had FSD 12.3.2.1 for since Friday late afternoon. First drive, drove a friend home about 25 mile roundtrip in the dark... it was flawless. Next day, went for a couple of drives where it exhibited some uncomfortable hesitation and poor lane changes as well as veering out of the lane in a two lane turn scenario. Today took an Easter drive, about 45 miles round trip in moderate traffic... once again flawless. It's pretty good, but IDK if I'd pay $200/mo for it. Will I be addicted to it by the end of April... Elon is counting on it!

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne
I've had FSD 12.3.2.1 for since Friday late afternoon. First drive, drove a friend home about 25 mile roundtrip in the dark... it was flawless. Next day, went for a couple of drives where it exhibited some uncomfortable hesitation and poor lane changes as well as veering out of the lane in a two lane turn scenario. Today took an Easter drive, about 45 miles round trip in moderate traffic... once again flawless. It's pretty good, but IDK if I'd pay $200/mo for it. Will I be addicted to it by the end of April... Elon is counting on it!
I expect to get it soon. I will pay for EAP, but not for FSD at this time. I suspect Elon will announce a sale price, or prices will increase, and in a weak moment I'll fall for it.

I got the free FSD trial!

Late last night I was notified of a software update. I updated the car's software to 2024.3.10 following the download. Then I got an email from Tesla saying that it had granted me FSD for 30 days trial. It also added Summon to my phone's app.

Wow! I'm excited to give this a whirl.

2022 Model 3 Performance
I have the same update and free trail and latest app update but I don’t see Summon on my phone app.

It will change lanes back if there is someone coming up behind you. It has always behaved that way, not what I would prefer, but it does work.
Obviously I am a rookie with respect to FSD. Appreciate the reply. There's probably a lot more I'll learn over the month. Used it again tonight driving home from Durham to Greensboro. It did reduce my normal stress. Got fooled once by a weird construction area where the road was painted incorrectly, but otherwise, quite good.

Obviously I am a rookie with respect to FSD. Appreciate the reply. There's probably a lot more I'll learn over the month. Used it again tonight driving home from Durham to Greensboro. It did reduce my normal stress. Got fooled once by a weird construction area where the road was painted incorrectly, but otherwise, quite good.
I like how people gloss over the fooled by part. If it got fooled by that it’s not self driving, it’s following lines and will never drive be itself. It’s my main issue with autopilot. Cones in the road? Let’s hit them instead of move over. Car in other lane coming into my lane. Let’s not move over. Let’s hit then. Mind you I’m not talking about changing lanes just simple moving a foot away.