Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Free Trial FSD, What DoYou Think About It?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I thought I was quite done with the testing, but once more unto the breach... Tonight the thing decided to slow for a simple stop sign in an intersection with no other cars or pedestrians present. It stopped so slowly, and from a farther distance than I though was reasonably possible that if I had another car behind me they would have blown past and around me in a fit of rage. It was if some elderly person in a wheel chair was trying to cross the street.

Then, after a couple seconds of deciding if it was clear enough to proceed (nobody was there), it rocketed away faster than I ever have done. Note, the FSD settings were in "Chill" mode, just as my normal settings are without FSD. My DriveSafe app noted an acceleration transgression at that point, as I knew it would have, and of course, my score was reduced.

I am done. $15,000, $12,000, $10,000, $8,000... I wouldn't spend a dime on this crap.
It stopped cautiously at a stop sign. Crazy! It doesn’t care if there are no cars it’s the law. If someone wants to get butt hurt and drive around you good for them. In an autonomous future some of us need to remember it Won’t drive like you selectively picking laws we think might apply. If more people were in less of a hurry or more worried about other people’s “feelings” there will be less accidents long term. Don’t like slow, steady, and safe don’t use it!

Reactions: rwjr44
It stopped cautiously at a stop sign. Crazy! It doesn’t care if there are no cars it’s the law. If someone wants to get butt hurt and drive around you good for them. In an autonomous future some of us need to remember it Won’t drive like you selectively picking laws we think might apply. If more people were in less of a hurry or more worried about other people’s “feelings” there will be less accidents long term. Don’t like slow, steady, and safe don’t use it!
Yeah, but then it happily goes 55+ in a 45 mph zone and no offsets are on???

I am not convinced, just yet. So I am not subscribing but I will drive the car with basic autopilot for awhile. Since I only have 1000 miles on the MYLR I feel the need to do a more detailed comparison. I think that FSD is technically impressive. Tesla has a masterful work in progress product here. FSD seems to perform every task required for driving. But it lacks the finesse that makes driving partly an art. It isn't easy on the car. Brakes too hard, corners improperly and too fast and moves too abruptly. As I stated before, it is like a high school student that has just received his license, not a professional driver who drives fast but doesn't stress the car needlessly.
If I drove more, I would probably take a deep breath and reluctantly subscribe (even at $99.00). I'll revisit the matter in a month or so.

Reactions: dusty22