Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD Trial - mine want to stay in the left lane

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one who is experiencing the trial version wanting to keep the car in the fast lane when there are no other cars around? Last night while driving home to Murphy, NC after a concert in Atlanta, it repeatedly kept initiating the turn signal and moving into the fast lane. There were no other cars around. I finally shut it off. I recorded the question on the feedback request with a few expletives included.

Why in the hell would they make this a priority or am I missing something in the setup?

Am I the only one who is experiencing the trial version wanting to keep the car in the fast lane when there are no other cars around? Last night while driving home to Murphy, NC after a concert in Atlanta, it repeatedly kept initiating the turn signal and moving into the fast lane. There were no other cars around. I finally shut it off. I recorded the question on the feedback request with a few expletives included.

Why in the hell would they make this a priority or am I missing something in the setup
If you set to go above the speed limit then it may change to the fast lane.
How many lanes are there on that freeway?
Is there any restriction to use the fast lane in Georgia?

Why in the hell would they make this a priority or am I missing something in the setup?
How have you set it up, how is speed relative to speed limit? Study the autopilot settings screen.

Another observation - it ignores the posted 65mph limit signs and sees only 55mph until I hit the interstate. That has got me really puzzled.

I understand that there is a learning curve but some of this makes no sense at all as default settings.

You can always adjust speed limit on freeway regardless what you set by scrolling the thumb wheel up or down. Small scroll change 1 mph. Big scroll 5 mph.
I am aware of controlling the speed with the thumbwheel. My concern is that the car is ignoring posted limit signs. That has never happened before.

Driving in the left lane - I understand your reasoning but ------ in my world, the passing lane is for passing, not parking. I do pay attention to merging traffic and respond accordingly.

Thanks to everyone for your observations and suggestions. I made some adjustments, and it seems to be performing much better. Options from the setup screen -

Assertive profile

Automatic set speed offset

Speed limit - relative

Offset +7 mph

It in now staying in the right lane, passing when needed and in a very normal manner, returning to the right lane at a safe distance.

I am still puzzled by it not recognizing the speed limit signs on a four lane highway - for at least 30 miles - both ways. Before the trial it always saw and recognized them.

Anyway, I feel much better about this version of FSD. I will be driving up to DC and back next week. That should be a very good test. Enough to drop $12k? At this time - probably not, but I sure appreciate the opportunity to try it gratis.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394