Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD12.3.2.1 issues on first try

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took my 2024 MYLR out for the first time today on 12.3.2.1. I have a 3-month trial since my purchase in Feb., so I've been using FSD 11 until now.

First I wanted to try out the newly available AutoPark. When I put the car into drive, I got an alert, "Parking Assist degraded, distances may be inaccurate." Maybe because I don't have the sensors?

I pulled into the empty parking lot of the local library. I selected an end space, and the car backed in nicely. Then I drove around to the handicapped parking on the other side of the building. It parked well again. But after entering a new destination and trying to start FSD, I got an alert that Cruise Control was unavailable, followed by an alert that Vehicle Hold was unavailable. The 2 of them just kept alternating. I couldn't find a way to get rid of them, so I drove back home to regroup. I tried rebooting the screen, which had no effect. After studying the owners manual, I found where it said in case of unexpected behavior, Power Off the car from the Safety Screen and wait 2 minutes. That worked. I wish I knew some way to report this bug.

So I selected a destination that would take me through several roundabouts, and set off again. When I came to a left turn with dual left turn lanes, the car had a hard time deciding which lane to use. The left lane was empty, the right one had a car in it. First the Model Y went straight down the middle, straddling the line between them. Then it jerked left, jerked right, jerked left again, and finally settled into the one on the right.

Things went well enough for a while. The roundabouts went without incident. There was another AutoPark, which was passable but slow and fidgety. I felt bad for the driver who was waiting for me to get out the way.

But on the way home, I think the car took a right-of-way it wasn't entitled to at a 4-way Stop. A car arrived on my right first, and before he entered the intersection, a car arrived on my left, and then I was the last to arrive. My Model Y proceeded after the car on my right, but before the car on my left. This is a rather fuzzy area, but FL law says that if 2 or more cars arrive at a 4-way Stop at the same time, the right-of way proceeds clockwise, otherwise cars should proceed in the order in which they arrived. I believe the car on my left had right-of-way over me.

Another thing that bugs me about FSD both 12 & 11 is the penchant to change lanes when passing through an intersection. I don't know whether it's illegal in FL, but I was taught in CDL school not to do it.

So I think I probably will not subscribe to FSD when my trial ends in 2 months. I wish they hadn't stopped offering EAP @ $99 a month; I probably would have subscribed to that as long as it includes AutoPark.

Last edited:
Took my 2024 MYLR out for the first time today on 12.3.2.1. I have a 3-month trial since my purchase in Feb., so I've been using FSD 11 until now.

First I wanted to try out the newly available AutoPark. When I put the car into drive, I got an alert, "Parking Assist degraded, distances may be inaccurate." Maybe because I don't have the sensors?

I pulled into the empty parking lot of the local library. I selected an end space, and the car backed in nicely. Then I drove around to the handicapped parking on the other side of the building. It parked well again. But after entering a new destination and trying to start FSD, I got an alert that Cruise Control was unavailable, followed by an alert that Vehicle Hold was unavailable. The 2 of them just kept alternating. I couldn't find a way to get rid of them, so I drove back home to regroup. I tried rebooting the screen, which had no effect. After studying the owners manual, I found where it said in case of unexpected behavior, Power Off the car from the Safety Screen and wait 2 minutes. That worked. I wish I knew some way to report this bug.

So I selected a destination that would take me through several roundabouts, and set off again. When I came to a left turn with dual left turn lanes, the car had a hard time deciding which lane to use. The left lane was empty, the right one had a car in it. First the Model Y went straight down the middle, straddling the line between them. Then it jerked left, jerked right, jerked left again, and finally settled into the one on the right.

Things went well enough for a while. The roundabouts went without incident. There was another AutoPark, which was passable but slow and fidgety. I felt bad for the driver who was waiting for me to get out the way.

But on the way home, I think the car took a right-of-way it wasn't entitled to at a 4-way Stop. A car arrived on my right first, and before he entered the intersection, a car arrived on my left, and then I was the last to arrive. My Model Y proceeded after the car on my right, but before the car on my left. This is a rather fuzzy area, but FL law says that if 2 or more cars arrive at a 4-way Stop at the same time, the right-of way proceeds clockwise, otherwise cars should proceed in the order in which they arrived. I believe the car on my left had right-of-way over me.

Another thing that bugs me about FSD both 12 & 11 is the penchant to change lanes when passing through an intersection. I don't know whether it's illegal in FL, but I was taught in CDL school not to do it.

So I think I probably will not subscribe to FSD when my trial ends in 2 months. I wish they hadn't stopped offering EAP @ $99 a month; I probably would have subscribed to that as long as it includes AutoPark.
I had the exact same "cruise control not available", "parking assist unavailable", and elsewhere "video stream not available" after I played with several auto parks. I myself didn't know about the Safety -> Power Off option, but read elsewhere to reboot the auto drive computer by changing tire size, then put it back. That also worked for me. I also saw the same thing happen on someone's Youtube review of auto park. Mine, yours, and the Youtube one are the 3 times I've heard about it -- so I'm guessing it's widely prevalent and presumably Tesla engineers know about it.

Reactions: joelkfla

2024.3.15 My autopark has been flawless. FSD makes fewer mistakes than I do. Remaining problems are pot holes and speed bumps. After heavy winter rain for which we are grateful relatively poor cities like Oakland, CA have roads that are Third World level.