Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Autopilot Full Self Driving Month Trial April 2024. Pretty Good!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now you have to go into the car. Open the Controls screen by tapping the little car icon in the bottom left. Then go to "Autopilot" and check all the settings. You have to separately approve Summons.

Been away a few days and just seeing this. I will give that a try tomorrow. Thank you!

I have been testing FSD for several days. On the highway, it works very well...making lane changes to pass and return to each lane, slowing for traffic, etc. Today, I took a trip of about 110 miles each way that was mostly highway and it functioned very well.

In town it is fine if there is no other traffic. However, it is a bit 'cautious' at stop signs and the like. It creeps up to the intersection slowly and 'thinks' for a while before pulling out. This is a good thing in terms of safety, but will earn a beeping horn here in NJ and with impatient drivers.

I was impressed in one scenario on the first day. I was making a right turn from a fairly busy road to another. I noticed as I was approaching that there was a man at the corner walking a dog. The car cautiously approached the turn, making sure the man was not intending to cross the road but to make a right turn like us. It provided him a wide berth as he was now on the shoulder of the road with the dog.

I am learning a bit each time.

I got excited because I got a message this morning of a software update available... But when I looked it was 2024.8.9 Still no love over here 2022 MXLR. Going on a road trip on the 26th and I would love to get the free trial before then.

I got excited because I got a message this morning of a software update available... But when I looked it was 2024.8.9 Still no love over here 2022 MXLR. Going on a road trip on the 26th and I would love to get the free trial before then.

Same here, but I got 8.9 on 4/8 and had 3 road trips where I thought it's be great to have FSD. Then bought EAP, saw it would need an update before it was enabled, got that update (4/8) but still no EAP, then saw FSD subscription dropped to $99.

At least FSD is supposed to be available, possibly this week, for us on 8.x.

I tried the new FSD for 2 weeks now. It seems to work well except in some cases it made me feel uncomfortable and I had to take over control. It also chose the routes that I routinely avoid.
I am sure it works great on long trips. For city driving, I have to pay much more attention than I normally do. So I simply stay with TACC (no autosteer) for city driving, feel more comfortable this way. Auto Steer does not avoid pot holes on the roads !!!

Update to my previous post. Since then I’ve used FSD more and it really works around my town. The occasional hiccup but overall I like it. Highway lane changes also fine. Sometimes it doesnt move right to prepare for an upcoming exit as quickly as I would. Price down to $99 has me giving it another look.

I bought EAP almost 2 weeks ago @ $6k, then the upgrade price dropped to $2k, so I jumped on it. Same day they turned it on (no new install), but since I'm on 2024.8.x, I'm on v11, not the FSD v12 that's rolling out now. So I'm still on 2024.8.9 and waiting.