Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon Why ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have found it convenient if I need to take out the trash cans (back of the garage). Or grab anything off the shelf, or need extra work room where the car was parked. I can simply back it out without having to get in it.

I also like to put the windows down and pull it in or out of the garage to freak the neighbors out. I used it earlier today to back up 1 spot in the parking lot so I had more room in between the doors as there was nobody parked on that row.

It isn't the greatest new feature, but I do try to use it so that more data is provided to Tesla for future updates.

Our garage is to narrow to fully open the doors without hitting a wall or the other car, so when the kids need to pile in, I use the fob to back the car out into the driveway, where the kids can safely open the doors and climb in. Its also just fun to do.

Our old garage, before we had the Tesla was very narrow and had a column. Summon would have been perfect for it even though I would need to plug the car in. I would likely only plug in at night or when I knew I was staying in. I also like to use summon when we park up next to walls or pillars when we go out, that way my girlfriend can get out. I know I could park quickly and then be done with it but it is nice to just hit summon or autopark and get out and go.