Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S is a disappointment.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This I understand, Tesla is moving to Vision only. Have you seen or experienced FSD (supervised)? It is truly amazing. My 2022 MSLR has sensors with no parking automation. The vision only cars now have automated parking in parking lots .... nice!
I have. Have FSD with my new 2023 Model S. It's the first version that's truly usable I think but still not there. And not everyone has FSD too.

So for those that will never get FSD and until it's perfected and legal to go to sleep and have FSD take over, I think they should just give people what they want. Some traditional controls.

Reactions: drdumont
So for those that will never get FSD and until it's perfected and legal to go to sleep and have FSD take over, I think they should just give people what they want. Some traditional controls.

I don't think those things are related. People can like or dislike FSD and stalkless controls separately.

I have base AP and I'm fine with the refresh controls, I even have the yoke.

My car has USS so I would have working summon and autopark, but I didn't consider them to be worth the extra.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I have a hw4 plaid and to my knowledge neither the summon or auto park features are active..?
Parking assist (auto park) capability was added recently in 2024.2.13 software update. I have it on my Dec 2023 built MS LR that does not have ultrasonic sensors and only uses Tesla Vision. I’ve not really explored if it will do parallel parking, but I’ve used it a few times for backing into a parking spot at supercharger and also in a parking garage. I don’t let it attempt a 90 degree turn into the spot, but tend to pull forward across from the stall and then let it back in. It does OK, probably as well as my old mid-2016 MS90D with the mobile eye AP1 system.

Parking assist (auto park) capability was added recently in 2024.2.13 software update. I have it on my Dec 2023 built MS LR that does not have ultrasonic sensors and only uses Tesla Vision. I’ve not really explored if it will do parallel parking, but I’ve used it a few times for backing into a parking spot at supercharger and also in a parking garage. I don’t let it attempt a 90 degree turn into the spot, but tend to pull forward across from the stall and then let it back in. It does OK, probably as well as my old mid-2016 MS90D with the mobile eye AP1 system.
Good to know, thanks. How do you activate the auto park sequence?

Good to know, thanks. How do you activate the auto park sequence?
I’m working from memory, so may not have the steps perfectly correct, but you will see alerts pop up on the instrument panel display to show autopark available. You then need come to a complete stop. Then If there are multiple spots available, you use the right scroll wheel to cycle through them to highlight the spot you want, then press in or “click” the right scroll wheel to activate it.

Reactions: dsm363
I’m working from memory, so may not have the steps perfectly correct, but you will see alerts pop up on the instrument panel display to show autopark available. You then need come to a complete stop. Then If there are multiple spots available, you use the right scroll wheel to cycle through them to highlight the spot you want, then press in or “click” the right scroll wheel to activate it.
So I should just drive through a parking lot and the car will automatically offer the option to auto park? So far I haven’t seen that but if that’s the deal I’ll keep trying.

Does it parallel park as well?

What about summon- did they get that working as well?

I don't think those things are related. People can like or dislike FSD and stalkless controls separately.

I have base AP and I'm fine with the refresh controls, I even have the yoke.

My car has USS so I would have working summon and autopark, but I didn't consider them to be worth the extra.
They are linked. The argument from Tesla has been ‘why waste money on traditional controls when we will not be touching the steering wheel at all some day?’. We aren’t even close to that day.

It's FSDb or FSD (supervised). Everybody knows already that one can not sleep while using the feature.
not sure what your comment is about. I never said people thought you could sleep. My point was we all know you can’t do that. That we aren’t even close to that so let people who want it have traditional controls. Especially since not everyone has FSD.

So much so bad.

I guess I lucked out. I bought my 2022 stalkless yoked MSLR without, like you, ever sitting in one or test driving one. I took to all the tech and power like a duck to water. It's been two years and without a doubt a beautiful and awesome car.

Good luck.
Do only certain mslr have the new taillights in 2022? Personally I love the new taillights and I see a big difference. A non tesla fan would not notice the difference.

Just used it for parallel parking. The spot was large and it took a bit of extra time but it worked well.

• Informative
Reactions: SO16
I want to say they appeared in the middle of the year
I think you are right. I saw the vin production date on this and it said 8/2022. Maybe I’m misinformed but why give the mslr better tail lights than the plaid? Not sure I’ve ever seen these on a plaid. That being said I want to keep this post relevant. The 2022 s lr is a tremendous upgrade over the old 2018. It is different but better. I love the old s also. I might just get a 2019 p100d 😎
IMG_5029.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you are right. I saw the vin production date on this and it said 8/2022. Maybe I’m misinformed but why give the mslr better tail lights than the plaid? Not sure I’ve ever seen these on a plaid. That being said I want to keep this post relevant. The 2022 s lr is a tremendous upgrade over the old 2018. It is different but better. I love the old s also. I might just get a 2019 p100d 😎View attachment 1036025
Plaid has them too

I traded in my 2018 Model S and purchased a new 2023 Model S in September 2023. In many ways I wish I had not. Tesla removed the ultrasonic sensors and replaced them with additional cameras which have been a huge step backwards. The new system is called TeslaVision, which frankly stinks. Many of the features I paid for are not available such as: remote summons, park assist, and auto lane change. The blind spot monitoring system is terrible. Phantom braking can still an issue. Lastly, I am not a fan of stalkless controls on the steering wheel. Frequently (and particularly at night) I find myself searching for the “right” button either to flash my headlights or turn on the wipers. Thank goodness I’ve never had to honk the horn.

The sales experience was the worst I’ve ever experienced. The only way to reach customer service was via txt messages. In addition, Tesla owned me money and it took nearly 4 weeks for them to EFT the funds back to my bank account, even though I had no trouble uploading my final payment within seconds. I loved my 2018 Model S. I do not like this car.
And Tesla is still falsely advertising summons on the website. I've had my 2023 model S for one year and still no summons because some idiots decided the sensors were no longer necessary. Terrible decision. Unfortunately, I love the car with all the new bells and whistles.

• Love
Reactions: Art VandeIay
When I am setting up AP to park front-in, the AP sometimes moves the car and then initiates back-in parking. Am I doing something wrong?