Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S is a disappointment.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would try the s3xy buttons. And hopefully they release their stalks next month.

I've installed two s3xy buttons on the side of my steering column to act as turn signals. They work great -- I use them when wanting to engage the signals when I'm turning the wheel. Otherwise using the buttons on the wheel is fine.

I also have a button behind the center display to open the glove box, and a button on the dash to the left of the wheel near the door to do three functions: fold the mirrors (one click), open the frunk (two clicks) or open the trunk (long press). Very handy.

IMG_6425.jpg

I've installed two s3xy buttons on the side of my steering column to act as turn signals. They work great -- I use them when wanting to engage the signals when I'm turning the wheel. Otherwise using the buttons on the wheel is fine.

I also have a button behind the center display to open the glove box, and a button on the dash to the left of the wheel near the door to do three functions: fold the mirrors (one click), open the frunk (two clicks) or open the trunk (long press). Very handy.

View attachment 1034994

They need a s3xy turn stalk that straps onto the steering column :)

• Funny
Reactions: hydro and KArnold
I wish the s3xy buttons worked with suspension levels. having to deal with the UI when quickly wanting to raise suspension for dips/speedbumps is annoying especially now that the crappy UI design doesn't allow for pressing Very High, you have to drag it thru each level.

I wish the s3xy buttons worked with suspension levels. having to deal with the UI when quickly wanting to raise suspension for dips/speedbumps is annoying especially now that the crappy UI design doesn't allow for pressing Very High, you have to drag it thru each level.

I just have raise suspension assigned to my left jog wheel press.

Reactions: Yelobird

I've requested that feature and told them to let me know if they implement as that's the one deal breaker for me currently.

Better yet if they could allow us to set the suspension to the track mode settings without actually having to be in track mode

My 2017 S100D lifetime averages aren’t so great. Not sure why…
Agreed, not great at all. Lifetime average on my classic RWD S85 is around 290Wh/mi. At first it seems like your mileage divided by the number of drives would hint that you do a lot of short distance driving (95K miles/14,400 drives = 6.63 miles per drive). Looks like you're starting the car on average 6.1 times a day. Short distance and frequent starts and stops could mean that more energy might be used to get the coolant and other fluids up to optimal operating temperature. Furthermore rate miles used minus miles driven might hint at a lot of energy used for HVAC (or revving the motor in neutral...jk 😁). I'm assuming your previous ICE vehicles never lived up to the EPA mileage range for you either assuming your driving distance and behavior is the same.

What kind of tires are you using and about how many miles do you get before they're worn out? Next I'd look at the brake pads to see if maybe you have a stuck or dragging brake issue.

Reactions: SO16
Agreed, not great at all. Lifetime average on my classic RWD S85 is around 290Wh/mi. At first it seems like your mileage divided by the number of drives would hint that you do a lot of short distance driving (95K miles/14,400 drives = 6.63 miles per drive). Looks like you're starting the car on average 6.1 times a day. Short distance and frequent starts and stops could mean that more energy might be used to get the coolant and other fluids up to optimal operating temperature. Furthermore rate miles used minus miles driven might hint at a lot of energy used for HVAC (or revving the motor in neutral...jk 😁). I'm assuming your previous ICE vehicles never lived up to the EPA mileage range for you either assuming your driving distance and behavior is the same.

What kind of tires are you using and about how many miles do you get before they're worn out? Next I'd look at the brake pads to see if maybe you have a stuck or dragging brake issue.
Maybe is related to the short drives. But highway at 75 (Austin to Dallas) I’m around 330.

I thought previous cars were pretty good on mpg.

I’m on my 3rd set of tires

1st - factory 19”
2nd - 21” arachnids
3rd - back to factory & OEM tires. These have a lot of life on them. Perhaps 5-8k miles.

View attachment 1034994
Nice! Is there any noticeable delay?

You'd think Tesla could at least offer that as a paid 'upgrade' option for $250 or something like that.
This I understand, Tesla is moving to Vision only. Have you seen or experienced FSD (supervised)? It is truly amazing. My 2022 MSLR has sensors with no parking automation. The vision only cars now have automated parking in parking lots .... nice!

Reactions: dsm363 and SO16

Left scroll wheel customization. Obviously, we get the suspension height feature.

Sure would be nice if after the long click on the left scroll wheel if we could actually select the height.
I'm constantly switching between very low and low. When I stop and it's likely I'm going to accelerate even moderately, I always lower as much as possible, and then after I'm up to speed, I raise it back up to normal to prevent too much inner tire wear.

Sure would be nice if after the long click on the left scroll wheel if we could actually select the height.
I'm constantly switching between very low and low. When I stop and it's likely I'm going to accelerate even moderately, I always lower as much as possible, and then after I'm up to speed, I raise it back up to normal to prevent too much inner tire wear.

I default to low and manually raise to high via long press which works brainlessly great for me. I have very little tire wear on my OEM PS4S because I had it professionally aligned to ~1.1 rear camber via N2itive arms on low. I'm hoping to get 20-25K miles out of my rear tires currently at 7K.

Last edited:
Reactions: hydro
I default to low and manually raise to high via long press which works brainlessly great for me. I have very little tire wear on my OEM PS4S because I had it professionally aligned to ~1.1 rear camber via N2itive arms on low. I'm hoping to get 20-25K miles out of my rear tires currently at 7K.

When I default to lowest, it sometimes doesn't actually go to lowest so I have to constantly goto the the settings to check. One single hard acceleration from anything other than lowest risks ruining the splines in the cv joints.

Reactions: TFCooper3