Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2023 Model S is a disappointment.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perpendicular parking is the only auto marking method I trust. Worked great on my 2015 P85D. Now I can't even get summon if I wanted it with my 2024. UI worse, features worse, auto windshield wipers don't work. List goes on and on, but it was $33K less expensive for my MSP than it was 9 years ago. Factor in inflation, and it's basically half the price for twice the power and 50% more range.

Agree on most of your other points, but this I disagree. Or perhaps you haven't noticed? You can simply press the wiper button on the steering wheel, which activates the wiper once. But at the same time a menu appears on the dash, which you can use with the left scroll wheel. You don't even need to look at the dash, just press the button and scroll up to increase wiper speed. Can be done with keeping both hands on the steering wheel.
Great. Now to operate the wipers you use a hand and then the screen. That ain't "simply". When before, a button press and done.
Fishing around for a button to honk the horn? The last time that was tried was the late 40's Fords with the horn button down on the steering column. Stupid, stupid idea.
Fishing around for a button to flash the high beams? Nope. I quit bitching years ago about the loss of the floor mounted dimmer switch. I actually have retrofitted that to several other of my cars along the way, and to my 2022 Model 3.
The car "intuits" what direction you want to go? NO EFFING WAY, JOSE!

I've been Jonesing for an S for years. I am quite happy with my two Model 3s (2020 SR+ and 2022 AWD LR), but I really would like to upgrade to an S. So now, I'm looking for a used S with stalks, horn where God intended it should be, and Chrome trim. Restoring that cost me 3 Grand. That will likely be the last car I ever buy.
I understand the makers of the SEXY buttons now claim you can honk the horn, activate headlights and turn signals AND choose direction of travel. That might be a workaround, but for my taste you might just as well add fuzzy dice and a whip antenna with a foxtail.

Yeah, I'm an Old Fart.

• Love
Reactions: hydro
I'm pretty sure it will get to a point that it could, as it can read signs and road markings. I did not observe/nor look for a checkbox for that. It should be similar to "use HOV lanes" setting.
Interesting idea. I have a near terminal case of doordentophobia, and if there aren't any HC spaces available (they are wider and have safety zones), I will park in the boondocks and use my cane. What the hey, I need the exercise. I have not yet had the intestinal fortitude to try the Summon function. It will be over in a couple of weeks anyway.

It's interesting, if I park in the less populated area, when I return there is often another Tesla or a new car or two parked next to me. Ahhhrgggh! A least these folks know about door discipline.

Interesting idea. I have a near terminal case of doordentophobia, and if there aren't any HC spaces available (they are wider and have safety zones), I will park in the boondocks and use my cane. What the hey, I need the exercise. I have not yet had the intestinal fortitude to try the Summon function. It will be over in a couple of weeks anyway.

It's interesting, if I park in the less populated area, when I return there is often another Tesla or a new car or two parked next to me. Ahhhrgggh! A least these folks know about door discipline.
I always park next to one, or a new & comparatively expensive car. I've used summon to slide in an out of a tight spot, but that is only an exception, when I know i will come back faster than the next car. And yes, when visiting a store, I park far from other cars too...

Great. Now to operate the wipers you use a hand and then the screen. That ain't "simply". When before, a button press and done.
Fishing around for a button to honk the horn? The last time that was tried was the late 40's Fords with the horn button down on the steering column. Stupid, stupid idea.

Wipers still is just a single button press. Long press for the washer. I don't understand the fuzz here.

Many french cars still have there their horn button at the end of the blinker stalk. It's the "standard" there. The logic is you use single stalk for both audible and visual indicating.

I never used the horn in my 2013 MS or 2016 MX, so I'm not entirely sure why it should matter on the MS Plaid which I have now.

In theory the thumb or stalk horn is better because it can be operated with both hands on wheel... If you need to honk, you probably are in a situation where you might need steering too.

Reactions: philander