Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know but the protective puts I bought this morning might get sold soon. They are up 150%. If I do I'll buy the same amount a few strikes lower. That will pay for the wild card through the roof calls I bought for tonight's event if it's out of the park awesome.

That's what I already did, I timed it decently around the last bottom at around 1PM, and then re-bought some puts back again at a lower strike at around 1:45 PM close to the top of that last hump. For once I actually timed something decently... So wherever we move from here, I feel pretty good again, and sorta just want this day to be over haha.

That's what I already did, I timed it decently around the last bottom at around 1PM, and then re-bought some puts back again at a lower strike at around 1:45 PM close to the top of that last hump. For once I actually timed something decently... So wherever we move from here, I feel pretty good again, and sorta just want this day to be over haha.

I sold them for 238% gain. Bought the same amount 2 strikes lower, and used the rest (-50% original investment) to buy some 270 weekly calls.

I hope the market likes Elon's D event. I hope he pulls a black swan out of his hat. (I'm listening to the book so now I know that black swans go both ways.)

Isn't it black swan/white swan?

So far the idea is that white swans are common. But it's rare to see a black swan. And those are the events that can make tons of money for people that are positioned correctly. It's a rarity to see one and catch one.

I'm taking it so far that it's outlier events.

Subtitled: The impact of the highly improbable.

UPDATED: some of the black swan events listed so far in the book.

Tech boom in late 90's
Google
9/11

Last edited:
I intended to go into this evening's event with a strangle in place. However, I legged in with my puts first, around 12:30 EST and managed to time the huge dip around 1:00 almost perfectly. So, I decided to sell the put leg immediately for around 300% gain, buy my $265 calls as a "free" lotto ticket and sleep well knowing that I've already come out ahead on this trade no matter what happens tonight / tomorrow.

Here's hoping for some great news and a pop!

Puts or calls? Or both???

Oh was just talking about the Puts, I decided to bail on one of the trades which was a 250 Put, and still holding onto some 240 Puts. Kinda wish I would have just sold them both on the market opening, but it's ok.

The calls I fully expect to end up worthless at this point, but the puts I already sold have more than paid for everything else to possibly just go worthless.

I think right now, I am just going to set a limit order on the 240s where if the price dips down to about 239/238 range it should trigger the sale and if it doesn't go there, then oh well.

I am now contemplating what to do for Nov/Dec timeframe... but happy to just sit on cash for the moment.

Ok, bought some medium term calls that are slightly itm at SP $244.
I duno, this looks like mm wanted to push this down, imo no real reson.
Once implications of yesterdays event (improved electric powertrain, autopilot already in production) for Model X and Gen 3 sink in, this will probably move SP up.

- - - Updated - - -

The German media echo about the new features is not positive and in this special case here devastating and unfortunately not quite correct:
https://translate.google.de/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.n-tv.de%2Fauto%2FNeuer-Tesla-D-powert-auf-alle-Raeder-article13758001.html&edit-text=

By the way, do you see the same as I can see on the above web page?!
In second menu bar line the are three items (what the hell, BMW?! Is this advertising?!):

So yeah, I ended up exiting out of all of my puts finally when my limit order triggered. I in no way caught the bottom, but I still made out like a bandit on today's price action so I am really happy with these past two weeks of trading. My calls for today will likely expire worthless and I don't care one bit :D

Now, I just need to take a step back, not trade anything else for the day, and accept these past two weeks for what they were and leave it alone.

So yeah, I ended up exiting out of all of my puts finally when my limit order triggered. I in no way caught the bottom, but I still made out like a bandit on today's price action so I am really happy with these past two weeks of trading. My calls for today will likely expire worthless and I don't care one bit :D

Now, I just need to take a step back, not trade anything else for the day, and accept these past two weeks for what they were and leave it alone.

I didn't make out like a bandit but I did manage to make some money, and my strategy was heavily leaning towards a gap up.

I learned a lot from this week and I think I might have a new strategy for playing events like this. Had the stock recovered well today (still has that potential but I very highly doubt it) I would have made out like an army of bandits for no risk after I finished my trades this morning. Right now the stock is at its worst possible place for the trades I made today yet I still made money. At the end of the day I will post my new strategy in the advanced options thread.

I think collectively with the strategies many of us had for the day we could really fine tune some nice plays based on similar price action.